problems. im boosting but car isnt pulling. have some codes...

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
veedubin said:
BS! I tried that and no luck, it worked for 5 minutes, then threw 52 again. grounded the end at the sensors and worked perfect. I used TV coax though. And to the OP Instead of buying new plugs, you can reuse your old one. just pull them off, look at the metal conector part, jam a pin or something in the slot directley touching the pin. then pul. they are cliped in and inserting the pin disengages it from the plastic. then just solder to that pin reassemble and viola! and when i grounded the sensor end, i just went sraight to the battery - side. so it acts another ground as well as a shield :biglaugh: good luck

Its not BS, look around on here, they will tell you the same thing. You only need to ground one end. Your ground on the other end may have not been good. Ive got proof on my car with one end grounded. Im sure it doesnt help using a 4 gauge sized coax cable, bet that was fun trying to run inside the car.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Seems to me the kit was about $60, give or take. The right plugs are on it, and yes, you ground one end - at the ecu. Worked like a charm. :bigthumb:

Just don't get stupid like me and forget to zip tie the new wires against the firewall. If you don't you will be splicing them back together when they melt over the turbo. :(

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
ok, well there were 2 posts before i could respond.

Z'mnypit - i just dont have the time to sit and wonder if i rigged it all up. laziness? perhaps... dont have much time to tinker with wires. i also did just replace my starter and it wasnt doing that before hand. there is one female clip that i know of that is not plugged in by the starter. it is grey and isnt big enough to be a KS plug. i dunno, maybe the jdm one is different? the knucklehead that swapped my motor took so many shortcuts and i have about 5 plugs that i know of that are not plugged in and i dont know where they go. its ran fine so far and i havent had any problems electrically until i replaced the starter with an oreilleys one.

ok, shaeff is pm'd.

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
ok, well there were 2 posts before i could respond.

Z'mnypit - i just dont have the time to sit and wonder if i rigged it all up. laziness? perhaps... dont have much time to tinker with wires. i also did just replace my starter and it wasnt doing that before hand. there is one female clip that i know of that is not plugged in by the starter. it is grey and isnt big enough to be a KS plug. i dunno, maybe the jdm one is different? the knucklehead that swapped my motor took so many shortcuts and i have about 5 plugs that i know of that are not plugged in and i dont know where they go. its ran fine so far and i havent had any problems electrically until i replaced the starter with an oreilleys one.

ok, shaeff is pm'd.

I gotcha... Same with me, I got my car and the previous owner left so many plugs out It took forever placing them to the right spots. The KS plugs are green that grey one isnt going to be it. Good luck with the fix and it have any questions let me know

peace!