Problem with revving 1JZ

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
I finished my swap and everything seemed great..

Car idles perfectly and does not throw any codes.

However, the car does not rev past 3K RPM. It just cuts off at that RPM every time and then resumes the revs, then cuts off again, then resumes again. When you give it little throttle the limit is quicker, when you give it more throttle the limit has more time between when the engine comes on again..

We already tried the following parts off of my friends running 1JZ car:

- ECU
- Map Sensor
- TPS

We also jumped the Fuel pump resistor and it still doesnt make a difference...

We are all pretty stumped, the car isnt throwing any codes, doesnt have any vacuum leaks, idles perfectly, but wont rev past 3K RPM..

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Check the wires to the crank position sensor and the cam position sensors. If any of those have a short, the car will not rev past 3 grand. Also check the sensors if they are good. If you did not correctly wire up your CEL, it won't turn on remember that.

If all that checks out, you have a bad ecu. Take it to any kind of circuit board repair shop (like tv repair shop) and have them replace the caps in it. Costs about $40 bux. You'll be as good as new.

Honestly, I've experenced this issue once last year in my other 1JZ SC300... it was the ECU. I also had a friend have this same problem, and he crushed his crank position sensor wire installing the engine. So check the little things first.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
jdmvigor said:
turns out IDL on the TPS wasnt getting proper voltage..

i hooked up 12v to it and the car revs up fine!

Hey man this is Bryan, Ken's friend, so you got it figured out I see, that's sweet man!!! Did you drive it yet??

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
fstlane88 said:
Hey man this is Bryan, Ken's friend, so you got it figured out I see, that's sweet man!!! Did you drive it yet??

hell yea man... you were here yesterday and saw it so i think you know whats up..

but damn is that you MKIII in your sig?!! thats fucking clean.. im glad i made friends with people who have the best MKIIIs in houston!!:biglaugh:

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
jdmvigor said:
hell yea man... you were here yesterday and saw it so i think you know whats up..

but damn is that you MKIII in your sig?!! thats fucking clean.. im glad i made friends with people who have the best MKIIIs in houston!!:biglaugh:

Hey man thanks for the compliments on the car...Can't wait for Saturday!!!:eek3dance

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
jdmvigor said:
turns out IDL on the TPS wasnt getting proper voltage..

i hooked up 12v to it and the car revs up fine!

what do you mean hooked up 12 volts. going into the TPS or into the ECU? i'm having the same problem right now, won't rev past 3000