problem: can't kick it as well

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
Today, i downshifted (to fourth) on the highway to kick it but all my car did was rev to a high rpm but it did not increase speed. Could this be a clutch promblem? The only mod to my car is an apexi intake and i've noticed that the car won't kick it as it did before i got the intake. What could be the problem?

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
tonysupra said:
Today, i downshifted (to fourth) on the highway to kick it but all my car did was rev to a high rpm but it did not increase speed. Could this be a clutch promblem? The only mod to my car is an apexi intake and i've noticed that the car won't kick it as it did before i got the intake. What could be the problem?

yea , thats your clutch , same thing happend to me when i first got my supra .. down shifted to 4th n hit the gas , RPM's jumped but the car went nowhere , when i took it to the shop it was the orignal clutch from 1989...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Yep, your clutch is done. What happened is you added your intake and that tiny bit more power you got pushed the clutch over the edge.

On your new clutch, IDK your ultimate power goals but I'd reccomend one of Spec's clutches. Stage 2 and 3 are most popular.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
yea i noticed an electrical smell in the engine after i did that. thanks for the help. i'm going stage 3 on that clutch.