Prelude kill!!! Bwhahaha!

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Ma70.Ent said:
There are some hondas that are much faster than a lot of the mk3s.

Yes I am very aware of this. I've seen some really quick Type-R's here as well as some quick SiR's as well. But stock for stock the Supra will, or at least should, walk away from most stock Honda's, like the S2000 & NSX . Hell even my dad's 05 Acura TL would leave my car in the dust! And dont get me wrong, I am a serial Honda owner I love 'em but not enough to try to turn it into something it's not ( i.e: "sports car" ). It sure as hell isn't cost effective thats for sure.

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
hey i work for honda and love the cars for what they are. good reliable economy cars. some are more fun to drive than others but the fact remains that all most all of them are not sports cars.

ursoboostd

Dec 1, 2006
Northern Ky
RHDMK3 said:
I've driven a 95 Prelude tons of times. Its a fun car to drive- no question. The only reason we make fun of Honda's and their respective owners is because a lot of them do goofy shit like try to take on Supra's for example in their little FWD 4cyl. econoboxes.

Hey! My weekend car is a little 4cyl. too!

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
the one evo and two srt4s in town are at the upmost GAYED RICERS THINKING THEY HAVE THE GREATEST CAR EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF CARS :aigo:

I look and laugh every time i see one of them and everytime they talk trash to me on how fast there car is and how much better it is :biglaugh:

and the funny thing is i have as much in my motor as one of the srt4 owners bought it for:biglaugh: and much much much much much much MORE to go :cry: oh well:icon_bigg

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
All cars have their sterotypes. Hondas are known to be ricers, only because they're driven by kids who watched fast and furious thousands of times before they even got their permits. Hondas aren't bad. They're more cost effective than our MKIII Supras. You can do a good engine swap for $2k if you use craigslist and a few choice websites. Parts are abundant. You can blow a belt and walk in Autozone and get a new one without having to order it overnite. Fuel effective. 4 310cc injectors vs 6 440cc or 550cc. N/A vs Turbo. Can build the hell out of an engine for around 5k.

My weekend car is a 00 Civic with a built H22 swap. Runs low to flat 12's and still get 24-26 mpg. I'm not defending the ricer fly by or hondas, I'm just saying it's about the driver. I'm just giving a honda owner perspective. As for ricer flyby's I just think back to what I learned a long time ago.........some people are just retarded. I just watch when they flyby and see if they are licking the window and wearing their helmet!

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
supra_supra said:
All cars have their sterotypes. Hondas are known to be ricers, only because they're driven by kids who watched fast and furious thousands of times before they even got their permits. Hondas aren't bad. They're more cost effective than our MKIII Supras. You can do a good engine swap for $2k if you use craigslist and a few choice websites. Parts are abundant. You can blow a belt and walk in Autozone and get a new one without having to order it overnite. Fuel effective. 4 310cc injectors vs 6 440cc or 550cc. N/A vs Turbo. Can build the hell out of an engine for around 5k.

My weekend car is a 00 Civic with a built H22 swap. Runs low to flat 12's and still get 24-26 mpg. I'm not defending the ricer fly by or hondas, I'm just saying it's about the driver. I'm just giving a honda owner perspective. As for ricer flyby's I just think back to what I learned a long time ago.........some people are just retarded. I just watch when they flyby and see if they are licking the window and wearing their helmet!

While I wont dispute that Honda's are good cars. This has been established long ago. And yes it CAN be cheap to build a fast Honda. But unless you dump thousand's of dollars into the suspension it won't have the balance that a Supra would have through the corners. Going fast in a straight line is great in all but it's only part of the equation. There is no way an over powered front driver, even with a LSD, is going to out handle (in most situations anyways) a moderately powerful rear drive with an LSD from the factory. Last I checked balance was key when building a badass street car. Can it be done in a Honda? Sure, no question. But imo I think it is much more cost effective to build an overall well balanced Supra then it is to build a Civic or even Prelude that can do alright through the curves but haul ass at the dragstrip.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yeah he's right about it being about balance in a car; however, the race between the mkiii and the prelude sounded like a series of redlight specials. Same with the evo. Most spontaneous racing you see on the street is a straight line. Light pole to light pole. Not many people stop a redlight and call you out to race a course like laguna seca or through the narrow mountains. Not much of a road course are found in the city. So to me depends on the environment of where your racing.

Luckily I can have the best of both worlds. An h22 that revs 9100 with minimal wheel hop and a MKIII that will make in STI cry.

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
supra_supra said:
Yeah he's right about it being about balance in a car; however, the race between the mkiii and the prelude sounded like a series of redlight specials. Same with the evo. Most spontaneous racing you see on the street is a straight line. Light pole to light pole. Not many people stop a redlight and call you out to race a course like laguna seca or through the narrow mountains. Not much of a road course are found in the city. So to me depends on the environment of where your racing.

Luckily I can have the best of both worlds. An h22 that revs 9100 with minimal wheel hop and a MKIII that will make in STI cry.

+1

I got a 97 lude and i love it. Also got a gt-tb mr-2 (SW20). Get to experience almost all worlds.