Power Wire for EFI Relay?

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
JZA70 Wiring

On pin connector 12 of the "T" connection, which is +B Switched Power I have been using pin 2 labeled BATT - Battery. I have been using this setup to get the car started but I cant leave the battery connected, otherwise within a few days of not driving the battery will be dead. I am in need help of which pin I can use that is not going to drain my battery if I leave it connected.

I tried using pin 4(W-Check Engine Light) which would show 12v with ignition on but would not start.

There is not an EA2 connector being used and it is a pre89 c1 connector, so it is hardwired in

Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Pin 2 and 12 come from the same wire. Batt and B+. They are joined together short distance into the harness.
This power comes from the connector near the fuse box.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Are you serious? Batt and +B have nothing to do with it. You're backfeeding +B keeping your efi relay on that's the drain.

You could try looking at a diagram some time.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
suprastanger507mgte;1264046 said:
Pin 2 and 12 come from the same wire. Batt and B+. They are joined together short distance into the harness.
This power comes from the connector near the fuse box.

1 and 12 actually connect together before going to the main relay

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
aphxero;1264113 said:
Are you serious? Batt and +B have nothing to do with it. You're backfeeding +B keeping your efi relay on that's the drain.

You could try looking at a diagram some time.

I already know that....so thanks for your help. Thats why im looking towards a solution.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Solution is wire up mrel circuit. or make a new one right next to the ecu. how about coil side is mrel/ground. Then do your batt/+b circuit on the switch side?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
tissimo;1264227 said:
Yea, whats wrong with the mrel circuit in the ecu? it fry out or something. If not just wire it like stock.

If it's broken just wire igsw into mrel to the efi relay. That way at least it'll turn off with the key :)

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
tissimo;1264227 said:
Yea, whats wrong with the mrel circuit in the ecu? it fry out or something. If not just wire it like stock.

Im not seeing any voltage from the ecu harness side

aphxero;1264320 said:
If it's broken just wire igsw into mrel to the efi relay. That way at least it'll turn off with the key :)

I tried wiring the +B to IGSW but it still wont start on that.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
you have none to +b because thats the output of the efi relay. Check for power on the other side of the relay's switch. you could even close the switch manually with a piece of wire.

Sounds like you need to go through your harness.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
aphxero;1264509 said:
you have none to +b because thats the output of the efi relay. Check for power on the other side of the relay's switch. you could even close the switch manually with a piece of wire.

Sounds like you need to go through your harness.

Yea Ive been trying to jump it to another wire, but I think in the end its just going to serve me better to trace the wire and see if/where there is a break in the line.