power window problem, quick question

88mk3turbo

Jan 25, 2009
lynn mass
my passenger window wont go up or down. I have no power going to the switch. i traced back all the wires even through the hose inbetween the door and the car into the passenger side kick panel. all the wires looked fine. no breaks in them or anything. i was wondering if anyone knew what color is the wire that suppose to have the power.. i know the driver side is white with a black stripe but the colors are different for the passenger side. any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

88mk3turbo

Jan 25, 2009
lynn mass
its 5 wires. red and green from switch connector to the motor. and 3 blue wires.(solid blue,with black stripe, and i believe with yellow stripe). there is no power on the kick panel side either before the rubber hose that goes through the door. and driver side does go up and down.

88mk3turbo

Jan 25, 2009
lynn mass
just double checked that the lock wasnt the cause. i would have been kinda embarrased if it was hahaha. but thanks for your response

88mk3turbo

Jan 25, 2009
lynn mass
just looked at cygnusx1.net(thanks jet jock) and saw that the solid blue wire is power. now if it were broken where the door shuts wouldnt i still have power on the kick panel side?? is there a fuse thats not tied into the driver side window? sorry for all the questions just kind of lost

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
I'm very interested to see what the problem is.my mom has the same problem on her 89'.one week the window worked,next week it didn't,then it worked again and now it doesn't work at all.im hoping we both have the same problem.lol but im thinking the motor may be shot because the last couple times i used the window when it worked it sounded like the motor was going to die.ive also heard something about one of the switches has a habit of failing but i forgot the name of it.