Power steering hose

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Plan on replacing the high pressure power steering line. From searching it seems like the rack needs to be moved. I plan on cutting the old one out to avoid this. My question is if I run the drift motion hose will it still need to be routed under the rack or Can I place it elsewhere so I don’t need to move the rack at all. Thanks in advance

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Plan on replacing the high pressure power steering line. From searching it seems like the rack needs to be moved. I plan on cutting the old one out to avoid this. My question is if I run the drift motion hose will it still need to be routed under the rack or Can I place it elsewhere so I don’t need to move the rack at all. Thanks in advance

I just did this job about a month ago. You do not need to move the steering rack at all if you plan on cutting the old hose off. You would only move the rack if you wanted to keep the old one because it has to many bends for such a tight space. Sadly the driftmotion one isn't that long to comfortably route anywhere you want.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I just did this job about a month ago. You do not need to move the steering rack at all if you plan on cutting the old hose off. You would only move the rack if you wanted to keep the old one because it has to many bends for such a tight space. Sadly the driftmotion one isn't that long to comfortably route anywhere you want.

Thanks for the reply! Did you use the dm line? If so is it routed same as stock?

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Thanks for the reply! Did you use the dm line? If so is it routed same as stock?
I did use the DM line but it was not long enough to run the original route. I went around the front of the oil pan right behind the sway bar. It was the most direct/shortest route I could find since the line is so short. I've read people burning their lines from touching the pan but I tightened it so it's 3inches away from the pan and I will also be adding a small form of high heat protective barrier.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I used one for rockauto that matched the original. I had to loosen the rack clamps but really not a big deal. This was on a 90 with PPS. I know the rack banjos are different on the non PPS racks.

Last edited:

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Thanks for the input! I’m torn between the dm and a factory replacement. I’ll have to sleep on it and think which route I want to take. Appreciate the help!

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
I also used the driftmotion line and had no issues with it. One nice thing is it eliminates the stock banjo bolts.
Completely agree. I love that factor and it made things so much easier.
851c5796ac7b67aa36f74973bd45c4e0.jpg

Reactions: awsom-0

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Then it’s settled then, I’ll order the dm hose tomorrow. One of the last major things I have to do for me to feel comfortable putting it on the road