Potential Races: Cobalt SS, Bullitt GT Stang, Stealth R/T, boosted probe...advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
im potentially going to race these cars next weekend, do i have a shot? which ones should i try to run from a roll vs doing a launch?

2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt - stock

Cobalt SS - stock

Dodge Stealth R/T twin turbo - BPU [nothing too major]

1995 Probe GT turbo - slicks, nitrous, its a fast car ;)

2004 Ford Mustang GT - magnaflow exhaust [very loud]

-----------------------------------

my car:

1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
5 Speed
3" turbo-back exhaust
HKS intake
MBC @ 9.5psi
2.5" Hardpipes
Turbo XS RFL

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
funny thing about the probe is that the guy [ pretty good friend of mine ] built it off junkyard parts. its got a turbo from a mustang SVO. bs IC pipes. its got a FMIC and very basic BPU's. i think he said the stock gt v6 probe has 220cc injectors? and thats what hes using. id say turboing that car cost less then his nitrous kit! however, he walked all over that 04 mustang GT and a white LS1 trans am.

we'll see. once i get my intake mani gaskets replaced and my fender fixed... ill start getting ready and practicing my launches. should i go from a roll or actually launch?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
ill start getting ready and practicing my launches. should i go from a roll or actually launch?

Only you can answer that one...can you launch?;) It is possible to launch a Mk3 but not too many have mastered it. This fact is proven time and again at Supra meets everywhere. lol I can personally say I can't launch but I've only been to the track twice and only run about 5 times.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
funny thing about the probe is that the guy [ pretty good friend of mine ] built it off junkyard parts. its got a turbo from a mustang SVO. bs IC pipes. its got a FMIC and very basic BPU's. i think he said the stock gt v6 probe has 220cc injectors? and thats what hes using. id say turboing that car cost less then his nitrous kit! however, he walked all over that 04 mustang GT and a white LS1 trans am.

we'll see. once i get my intake mani gaskets replaced and my fender fixed... ill start getting ready and practicing my launches. should i go from a roll or actually launch?

yeah they are 220's i think hehe

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Sawbladz said:
Only you can answer that one...can you launch?;) It is possible to launch a Mk3 but not too many have mastered it. This fact is proven time and again at Supra meets everywhere. lol I can personally say I can't launch but I've only been to the track twice and only run about 5 times.

what do you consider a good launch?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
IwantMKIII said:
what do you consider a good launch?

something w/ a 60 foot less than 2 seconds.

Or enough for the rear end to squat from weight transfer at +4k rpms without burning out the rear tires.

If your going from a dig help yourself out and over inflate the front tires to ~40 psi and bring down the rear tire pressure to ~32-30psi

I run w/ half a tank of gas to get rid of some weight but still have enough to weigh down the back end to compensate for my nose heavy car.

at 9.5 psi your not gonna be pulling on them very hard so your going to have to make your launch count.

Status
Not open for further replies.