Post Your Home Depot Lip Thread

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
p1756571_1.jpg

this is after about 6 months of thrashing also!

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^iagree art.

I can't believe this is a serious thread. Seriously. Grow up get a job and buy a lip.

Only reason I'm not closing this as it's not out of line and I'm not a dick. But really this is ricer to the max.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, back when there weren't any options, home depot lip was the only real option for pre-89's. That's changed since then ;)

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
God i didnt realize everyone really had 300 hundred bucks for a lip that i wouldnt have anymore.
and by they way i could get a lip. but why just so i can wreck it in a week. i get that some
of you have 300 dollars to waste but i dont. you guys are making a big deal out of people
doin what they want to there car. he asked so i responded. I spent 20 bucks and i have
enough material for 2 more lips. so ill keep my home depot lip and you can keep wasting money
on buying a new one, or fixing your lips!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Only 175 for me. Looks 10 times cleaner and no ghettoness.

Plus if you knew how to drive you wouldn't wreck it. Mine got beat up lasted over until the bolt fell out.

There is also the stock lip which has lasted 20+ years.

300$>ghettoness.

Also you have the option of making your own watch a YouTube video on fiberglassing.

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
ok man, but whats the big deal really? i dont care if you dont wreck your lip
and you have no right to say I dont know how to drive. especially considering
you have no idea who I am. Im great with my home depot lip and if you want
to frown upon it, go for it. your the one wasting your time posting on a thread
you have no interest in, just to say its stupid.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
So, what are you using to support the back side of the lip, from deflecting under pressure?
I saw numerous racers at the Chump Car Enduro this past October, using vynal flooring, base moulding, backed by everything from small dia tubing to nothing at all... Van
frankindank;1756571 said:
p1757812_1.jpg

this is after about 6 months of thrashing also!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
frankindank;1757811 said:
ok man, but whats the big deal really? i dont care if you dont wreck your lip
and you have no right to say I dont know how to drive. especially considering
you have no idea who I am. Im great with my home depot lip and if you want
to frown upon it, go for it. your the one wasting your time posting on a thread
you have no interest in, just to say its stupid.

If your great with a home depot lip why don't you buy a real lip.

Sounds like your taking offense. Maybe cause your embarrassed?

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
I Just took some flat metal plates not sure of the gauge but it was hard to bend right.
then I bolted them to the stock lip mounting points. next i used pre drilled steel strips
on the bottom of mounts and bolted them together. thats it for the backing. I used
cove base for flooring for the lip material and 3m double sided tape and a few hidden
zipties just for to hold on the lip. my car is really low with it and its gets pretty wrecked.
thats why i made this. so i dont feel bad every time i wreck it a little, it just bends
right back!

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

If im good with my lip then why would i need a new one?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks, sounds good.
Have you tried it out at the track (PIR), to see how effective that air dam is at reducing air getting under the car? Has there been any noticable change with the handeling of your Supra at speed, post air dam install? Van

I Just took some flat metal plates not sure of the gauge but it was hard to bend right.
then I bolted them to the stock lip mounting points. next i used pre drilled steel strips
on the bottom of mounts and bolted them together. thats it for the backing. I used
cove base for flooring for the lip material and 3m double sided tape and a few hidden
zipties just for to hold on the lip. my car is really low with it and its gets pretty wrecked.
thats why i made this. so i dont feel bad every time i wreck it a little, it just bends
right back!

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
Van;1757823 said:
Thanks, sounds good.
Have you tried it out at the track (PIR), to see how effective that air dam is at reducing air getting under the car? Has there been any noticable change with the handeling of your Supra at speed, post air dam install? Van

Not to much of a difference anymore but when i put it on i definitely noticed my
front end wanted to stay planted a little more down. and no i have yet to take
it to PIR, I want to but its quite expensive, i was going to do some of the porsche
club auto cross races but i got rod knock and ended up rebuilding so maybe soon
or next year!

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Its his car, let him modify it however he wants. This "because it costs more it must just be better" BS most supra owners have is really annoying. 80% of the people that see the lip on the front of his car will have no idea how much it cost, but they will know it makes the car look better. IMO of course.

1SLOMK3

Dec 4, 2010
Arizona
ask92;1757869 said:
Its his car, let him modify it however he wants. This "because it costs more it must just be better" BS most supra owners have is really annoying. 80% of the people that see the lip on the front of his car will have no idea how much it cost, but they will know it makes the car look better. IMO of course.

+1