www.myspace.com
2175162_88_full.jpg

:biglaugh:, my progress

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Sehr gut.
Also, the sunshade is from KevinM here on the forum.
The exhaust is composed of the BIC DDP followed by a cooleeze test pipe and cat-back pipes with an Apex-i N1 out back. Everything from the dowpipe back is going to be replaced by a JDM Apex N1 system that's been extended to the downpipe. The benefit of the JDM system is that it has a built it resonator, which really deepens the tone. The car sounds great right now, it has a real raw tone to it, which is much more pronounced when the gate opens. The new sound will be more polished and deeper until the gate opens, then I'd imagine it will sound about the same as it does now.
I'm glad you guys like the car, We've put a lot of time and elbow grease into her.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Nah, 245-50s when they wear out we'll look into widing the JZA70 rims and throwing something from 255-275 back there.
Whats funny is that Fs=FnXu.
That is force of static friction is equal to the force excerted on the tire from the ground times the coefficient of friction between the tire and the ground.
Basically, the width of the tire has nothing to do with its ability to grip the road. So dynamically, the only thing width does is give the sidewall added strength, which helps the footprint flex and stay planted on the ground.
My Point?
What ever size tire goes back there will be FAT and TALL. ;)

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
IHI-RHC7 said:
Nah, 245-50s when they wear out we'll look into widing the JZA70 rims and throwing something from 255-275 back there.
Whats funny is that Fs=FnXu.
That is force of static friction is equal to the force excerted on the tire from the ground times the coefficient of friction between the tire and the ground.
Basically, the width of the tire has nothing to do with its ability to grip the road. So dynamically, the only thing width does is give the sidewall added strength, which helps the footprint flex and stay planted on the ground.
My Point?
What ever size tire goes back there will be FAT and TALL. ;)
Again, I'm not sure if I feel stupider or smarter after reading that.
I.E. A 285-35-18 will not grip as much as a 245-50-16?

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Correct, mate. Your grip comes from front to back patch, not side to side.if you over-inflate a slick, you could have a 17" wide patch, but it'd only be 1" front-to-back. Properly inflated, a slick will probably be more like 18" wide and about a 3-5" front-to-back patch. :D

Someone correct me if I've misunderstood this concept all my life

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I dont think that our engines have that problem. Last time I cheked, my 7M didnt have a quad cam setup. :icon_bigg

Plus that engine broke cause the white fluffy ones dont last as long.

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
trydrew said:
Nice rims.. are those te's?

Nope, imatation TE's.. theyre advanti WRC's. I've been told they ARE ray's and that advanti buy them and
spray them, but i'll beleave it when i see it :icon_razz

More pics.. hummm ok let me find some. :fart:

Here's the mags for ya, a little dirty but yeap. oh ya btw the mags arn't as great as they may seem.
Would like to get rear TE37's because these are only 7" wide. so far only been able to run 235/45 tyres
on them.
p211661_1.jpg

p211661_2.jpg

Car is reasonably standard.

Last edited: