post snow pics here

suprayo

Sep 9, 2009
Vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
p1805426_1.jpg

Im glad it didnt stick around in these parts.

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
Joni;1805418 said:
We use this kind of tyres, don´t know what it´s called in english..
http://static.iltalehti.fi/autot/nastarenkaatetu0111MZ_au.jpg
Those are called studed tyres. Irreplaceble if you want traction on ice covered surfaces.

By the way, i don't understand why most people here are afraid of slipery conditions. It's fun and a good oportunity to increase handling capabilities without seriously stressing mechanical components of the car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MPR;1805166 said:
Snow tires are eaten pretty quick by dry warmer pavement, but it depends on how you drive. If you baby it, they will be fine.
They'd be on a Mk2 with all of maybe 140whp on it's best day, so that shouldn't be a problem.

mattsplat72;1805244 said:
The first day of a three foot event
Yeah, from what I've seen of your car, you'd probably end up high centered in a parking lot somewhere. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Nick M;1805402 said:
:thumbup:

Tires make all the difference in the world.
They ARE the only part of the car that actually makes contact with the road, therefore, nothing is more important...

enjoyer;1805431 said:
Those are called studed tyres. Irreplaceble if you want traction on ice covered surfaces.

By the way, i don't understand why most people here are afraid of slipery conditions. It's fun and a good oportunity to increase handling capabilities without seriously stressing mechanical components of the car.
Studded tires are also illegal in many parts of the world, unfortunately.

As for me, not afraid of slippery conditions, I only fear the other idiots on the road who think 4wd makes them invincible... been lucky so far, but luck only lasts so long.

enjoyer

Mar 28, 2009
Lithuania, Klaipeda
te72;1805528 said:
Studded tires are also illegal in many parts of the world, unfortunately.

As for me, not afraid of slippery conditions, I only fear the other idiots on the road who think 4wd makes them invincible... been lucky so far, but luck only lasts so long.

I agree on that completely. I'm more scared of overconfident jerks and to cautios/slow drivers than difficult driving conditions.

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
I drove my mk3 for the past 3 years all winter, good set of snows, stock suspension, made some big ol rally flaps to put on it.
goes like a tank. so much fun. and as for snow tires, Il never go a winter without them, the fun and safety factor is night and day from all seasons.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I drove my Mk3 through several winters. Toyo Observe GO-3 tires (205/55R16) have been good to it. They're fine on dry pavement below about 7 deg C (~40 def F) Above that, they get chewed down pretty fast. Up here, I've never seen anything that I'd deem "winter apropriate" in an all season tire that fits the Supra.

I used to carry a tow rope and pull 4X4s and SUVs out of the ditches after the season's first snow, just because I could. Limited slip and good tires made for awesome pulling power.