post a picture of ur custom trunk set up

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
canadian said:
How do the audiobahn subwoofers sound?

the audiobahn subs sound great, considering i only paid 250 for two 10" dvc subs and a 400watt 2 channel/800 bridged amp. i think the subs operating range is 500 watts with like 1k max. might be wrong though.

but yeah, audiobahns are pretty good quality, the baskets look nice too.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
looks nice, some more audiobahns. like the engine bay too, if its yours. thats one clean lookin car

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Ive got a Kicker L7 on its way....

How big you ask?.....

8 inches of pure thump!
I wanted to keep trunk usage to a minimum so I went with one 8 and Im finishing a box. Just waiting for the sub and the wiring kit to come...
Borrowing my friends Hifonics 1600 watt amp untill I can order mine.. Nice guy hehe

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
HIFONICS FTW!!!

Has anybody mounted a sub in the spare tire well yet? I'm thinking about custom fiberglass enclosure and a 10" speaker maybe. I don't want everything in the car to rattle, but seriously, the supra has 4" speakers (minus the 91+) I just want some low end.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah a lot of people have done that, but youll need to add a bit of reinforcement to it by glassing it. just make sure to take your time and do it right, and itll turn out great

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
literally heart stopping. damn. that's gonna be crazy; ill be listening for you here in VA.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
:D you just may hear me, too, Clip :)

Unfortunately it's going to need about 8cu. ft of fiberglassed space for a ported box...I'm actually worried for the safety of my rear window lol

I may end up just going with 1 w7 for both cost and space reasons

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Posted these pics many times, and before you ask, yes, I do still have the spare in there.

Alpine CDA-9805 Head Unit
Alpine 360W 4-channel Amp
Alpine 700W mono Amp
Infinity Reference 5.25 in front doors
Infinity Reference 4 in rear
Focal 11" sub

trunk.jpg

subwoofer.jpg

amps.jpg

My setup will probably never change, and is much more than enough for my tastes.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Both of those are concerns that I thought about.

1. Heat is not an issue, I've checked many times, there is a ton of air space under there to keep the amps cool.

2. The carpet will be getting cut and an acoustically-transparent fabric will be stitched in above the sub. Also, for the record, carpet will do very little to muffle the low frequency vibrations of a subwoofer, and it is almost entirely unnoticable as to whether the carpet is covering it or not. (I've listened MANY times in the last couple years with and without and couldn't really tell the difference beyond my own percieved range of placebo).

Either way, it's been years since that setup was put in there, and I have no complaints and have had no problems whatsoever. There are no heat issues, and the sub sounds great. Some small changes will be made still, but nothing that will significantly affect the setup, so I doubt I'll take any new pics when I make them ;).

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
IMG_3678.sized.jpg

nothing to really look at now... my hatch just has a capacitor, a 4-ch amp, and my battery.... i'll be building a custom fiberglass panel and putting a subwoofer back there after my body work gets done.

but i love my custom rear speaker pods ;)

IMG_3638.sized.jpg