PNW Maroon turbo 5 speed!

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Hello and greetings!

Back in 1997 I played a game on my original playstation console called Gran Turismo and one of my first cars on the game was a maroon MKIII Supra. I quickly upgraded the parts on this car and fell in love with the thing using this car to beat most of the game. Ever since then the supras have always been a favorite car for me so when a co-worker/friend of mine said he and his friend were building an 87 supra I was instantly interested. My co-worker's friend was the owner but had all but abandoned the project at my co-worker's place due to losing his job and was looking to sell the car to help pay some bills.

I stopped by after work one day to check out the car and discuss price. They had rebuilt the top end of the motor with upgraded gasket and head studs, HKS 3" exhaust, intake and a larger turbo. An F-con piggyback system was wired up to the ECU harness but not plugged in yet along with a fuel cut defencer and a boost controller that also wasn't hooked up yet. After the top end rebuild the motor had about 5k miles. My co-worker took my out for a test drive and the car sounded amazing in person though the ride was a bit rough as it had the original suspension still installed with 174k miles on the chassis.

After agreeing on a price plus a little finder's fee I tossed in for my co-worker I brought the car back home and it has remained largely untouched for just about a year now as for the first 6 months I was dealing with other expenses and small nickle and dime jobs here and there where I could afford and the last 6 months I have spent in San Diego for work.

I am a welder by trade and have been welding for over 10 years now for the Navy as a civilian. I don't know much about turning wrenches but have wanted to have a play car to work on since I started driving and wanted to start learning how to do more than just change the oil in my cars. Here was the perfect opportunity to start learning and something that I've loved since I was about 16 years old.

Shortly after I purchased the car I started flipping through the online TSRMs and forums and parts sites, looking at what others are doing with their MKIII's and formulating a plan for what I would like to do with my very own MKIII. I am thoroughly amazed at the amount of love that the supra community has for their cars and the lengths that they go to keep their cars polished and looking incredible. 99% of the "build threads" I've read through have given me ideas of what I could only hope for my car's end state and also inspiration and motivation to learn as much as I can to apply to my own build. Thank you, supra owners, for sharing your blood, sweat and tears with everyone on this forum and also your cars too.

Thursday, December 13th I will be departing San Diego for my home in Bremerton Washington finally after 6 long months, where my beloved project supra awaits anxiously for my return.

Thank you for reading and stay "tuned" (lol) for my upcoming build thread!

-Taylor

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated!

Looking forward to some R&R this holiday, with some time spent alone with my new girl... and my girlfriend too!