Plug & PLay HID???? AGAIN???

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
The light output on the LEDs is amazing but I'm not sure I love the look of the lights themselves.

I just found these and thought I would share for those looking for an alternative.
http://www.gtrlighting.com/tru-projector-7x6-rectangular-dual-beam-headlights-chrome/

So far these HIDs are the only direct drop in kit I have found.
It is a true projector with a really clean cutoff line and it comes with its own wiring harness that hooks up directly to the battery. This will keep the original wiring from burning up with the additional load from the HIDs.

I haven't had a chance to look up reviews but wanted to share before I forgot about them :biglaugh:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
That's neat but I think some wall shots, if these are the "claimed" h1s then these should be really good.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
AbsoluteSpeed;2013661 said:
The light output on the LEDs is amazing but I'm not sure I love the look of the lights themselves.

I actually like how they look when they are off

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I'll be honest, I dont care for how they look off either. However, I am very heavily a function over form kind of guy. When I passed a garbage truck with my same exact headlights, knowing the rigorous demands OEMs have to pass to get certified, I knew that cemented my choice in the LEDs

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
To me it doesn't really matter how they look since you only have your lights up at night unless for some reason you are one of those MK3 owners that always has them up. The price has dropped on those Truck Lite LEDs by the way they are now $180ish instead of $240

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
The video and Supra in the original post is mine. I have only ever been flashed on one occasion (in the 1.5 years of owning these) buy an SUV of all things from accross an intersection making a left hand turn. When taking the time to adjust my headlights I used 3 separate vehicles of varying height at various distances to get the height optimized. Having done this I knew the SUV across the way was full of it. :biglaugh:

3gy9.jpg

Cutoff, Low-High beam
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img10/2672/pjgl.jpg

Sure they aren't for everyone, but any options for a car this old are nice to have in existence.