Plug and Play Jumper Wiring Harness to Use 2JZ ECU (Including AEM) on 1JZ

Dr Tweak

Hey everyone,

I have located all of the parts needed to make a jumper harness to run a 2JZGTE ECU (stock, plug and play AEM, Autronic, or whatever you want), on a 1JZGTE engine.

For that matter, I can make a jumper harness for just about anything... 2JZGTE/Autronic, for example.

Any interest?

-Doc

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
Dr Tweak said:
Hey everyone,

I have located all of the parts needed to make a jumper harness to run a 2JZGTE ECU (stock, plug and play AEM, Autronic, or whatever you want), on a 1JZGTE engine.

For that matter, I can make a jumper harness for just about anything... 2JZGTE/Autronic, for example.

Any interest?

-Doc

Im building 3 1jz cars right now and plan on running aem on all of them. so I am interested for sure.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
That's an awesome idea. I hope that works well for you guys. I'm probably going to do the reverse on my 2jz and run the Stinger standalone off a 1jz harness. Good work Dr. Tweak!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
speed dodici said:
where the hell did you find the connectors?????? I've spent a long ass time looking for them, with no luck! Toyota told me they stopped making them. bitches!

they are shared with a bunch of other cars, and everything can be made when you buy in bulk.

tweak, whats the price for the jumper harness?

Dr Tweak

foreverpsycotic said:
they are shared with a bunch of other cars, and everything can be made when you buy in bulk.

tweak, whats the price for the jumper harness?

I haven't set it yet, it will depend on the exact cost of the parts and the labor involved in making them. Right now I have a set on the way to make one, and I'm gauging interest.

speed dodici said:
where the hell did you find the connectors?????? I've spent a long ass time looking for them, with no luck! Toyota told me they stopped making them. bitches!

It wasn't easy, and no one was willing to share any information with me. Even AEM, who I'm going to be helping out by making 1JZ/2JZ AEM jumper harnesses, wouldn't give me a whisper of info about where they get them from.

-Doc

Dr Tweak

LOL. $300 for the ECU plugs? Next time you need one, let me know, I'll sell them for $250! heheheheh

When I say "share info" I mean on WHERE to buy the ECU plugs. Autosport doesn't make them... and if I pay $300 for the ECU plugs, and then add in labor of making the harness, then it would be $500 and I wouldn't sell any. I'd like to see my jumper harnesses sell for around $199 (just estimating) which is already $100 less than what the COST of the ECU plugs alone are, according to that thread. That's the right idea though, just this will be much cheaper.

-Doc

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Dr Tweak said:
LOL. $300 for the ECU plugs? Next time you need one, let me know, I'll sell them for $250! heheheheh

When I say "share info" I mean on WHERE to buy the ECU plugs. Autosport doesn't make them... and if I pay $300 for the ECU plugs, and then add in labor of making the harness, then it would be $500 and I wouldn't sell any. I'd like to see my jumper harnesses sell for around $199 (just estimating) which is already $100 less than what the COST of the ECU plugs alone are, according to that thread. That's the right idea though, just this will be much cheaper.

-Doc
thats a good price, but the parts only cost 200$ i've bought 2 sets.

Dr Tweak

Look what I have!

jumper5.jpg

So now I can make a 1JZ to 2JZ ECU or AEM jumper harness, or a 2JZ to 1JZ, or anything you want! :)

-Doc

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
so you guys are running the 2jz aem on the 1jz ecu and harness? How's that working? I mean, I know it's standalone and should work fine. I'm just curious.

edit: you can run a 1jz harness on a 2jz ecu? what's the benefit of this?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I just sold my 2jz car using a 1jz harness my adapter harness and a aristo 2jz ecu. Worked perfectly. Only downfall of the aristo ecu is te 6700 rpm rev limter.. But a stock twined 2j is fine..

Everything worked perfect. Even a/c worked as it should!

I think the 2jz timing control is much more advanced and might benefit over the 1j ecu.. not sure though..