Please help me keep my 1jz swap. State Ref..

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
RazoE;1422863 said:
1: swap in a 2JZ-GE head
2: use it's EGR components
3: ?!?
4: Profit!

Yeah, I would love to have a 2jzgte MKIII that is legally register, kinda out of cash after the 1jz swap so 2jz with egr swap, will be consider in the future.

BorHor;1422863 said:
Just pay w/ no correction. It is like $700 or so. You are done after that.

Wow, thinking about 700, add 300 more and i could probably do the 1.5jz swap. But I'll have to fight to make it legal.

tsupr92;1422863 said:
leave out the power steering for the time being

Yep, maybe I am not going to put a/c and power steering.

dslocal;1422863 said:
Maybe paint your intercooler pipes flat black from now on too ;)

haha...I painted the intercooler pipes black the minute I got home. The intercooler was already black so the cop didn't say anything.

Well, at this point, I have no money so a ton of work swapping the two engines back and forth works for me..

Thanks guys for all the advice..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Poodles;1421864 said:
There is no legal way to do it.

/thread

This ^^^^,

I have heard of others registering their cars in a non somg state. You will have out of state tags and might get away with it for a little longer.

Now a big BUT. But I have also read where they got busted buy doing that (cop noticed the car at same house / around town a lot) and owner was given a even larger ticket (iirc almost 1k$) for not registering the car in cail where he lived!, even impounded his car for something like 45 or 60 days!!! That impound bill alone would be $1500+.

Remove 1jz, smog with 7m in, reinstall 1j , and just pry to god that you never get pulled over again, because next time they wont be so nice to you ;)

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
There is another option or loophole.
Register it as a track only car show the slips etc proof it was on the track.
Then after it gets dismissed at court re-register it for the street?

Another option register out of state or in the city of blyth to get around smog
Put a U.S. 2JZ-GTE bottom end on it install an EGR into the intake of the 1JZ it haves the provisions for it.

barrow a friends stock MKIII Temp Vin Swap or by a factory MKIII for yourself there is a way to get them legaly attached through DMV research it.

Pay off the guy or fine.

Run your car off alternative fuels as long as emissions run lower then factory you would be fine ethonal (e85) propaine natural gas butane etc..

There is about 100 ways to bypass the red tape.

Remember its all about money the whole system, so its flawed and easily bypassed.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1423092 said:

Put a U.S. 2JZ-GTE bottom end on it install an EGR into the intake of the 1JZ it haves the provisions for it.

barrow a friends stock MKIII Temp Vin Swap or by a factory MKIII for yourself there is a way to get them legaly attached through DMV research it.

Pay off the guy or fine.

Run your car off alternative fuels as long as emissions run lower then factory you would be fine ethonal (e85) propaine natural gas butane etc..

Remember its all about money the whole system, so its flawed and easily bypassed.

yeah, it's just all about money. Gotta have money to play...That's why I always say, "Justice, it's just for the rich and famous".

92nsx said:
Remove 1jz, smog with 7m in, reinstall 1j , and just pry to god that you never get pulled over again, because next time they wont be so nice to you

I have a brother in law that had to state ref twice. He told me that after you pay the fine, it's clear. He paid the fine twice and finally got the car BAR with the GSR in his Civic coupe. I am just saying, it sounds like it clear after you pay the ticket in full but this is my first time getting to state ref.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Another option is sell the car and the case will be dismissed... but if u still want to keep the car, sell the car to your brother or sister or someone else that you TRUST that will sell the car back to you.... i did this with one of my rx7's when i was pulled over for having an expired plate, no insurance, expired emissions.... i sold the car to my cousin for $500, well thats what my bill of sale said... and the district attourney dismissed the case.

but this happened in NC so i don't know how nice you're DA will react to your situation.... eitherway, GL bro.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
jdma70;1423341 said:
Another option is sell the car and the case will be dismissed... but if u still want to keep the car, sell the car to your brother or sister or someone else that you TRUST that will sell the car back to you.... i did this with one of my rx7's when i was pulled over for having an expired plate, no insurance, expired emissions.... i sold the car to my cousin for $500, well thats what my bill of sale said... and the district attourney dismissed the case.

but this happened in NC so i don't know how nice you're DA will react to your situation.... eitherway, GL bro.

excellent point. that's worth a try definitely. the best solution so far, thanks bro, if it works it will be helping out a bunch of people here in Nazifornia.

geser

Oct 7, 2008
Crescent City, CA
jdma70;1423341 said:

That's great, got another confirm that they dismiss you if you sell the car, thanks jdma70. Yeah, from what my cousin and bro-n-law told me, they will dismiss you for sure in California if you sell your car. My cousin got state ref for his 92 civic, he sold the car and was dismiss. They even dismiss the case if you just pay the fee without correction too, that's what my bro-n-law did... About having someone to transfer it to, I think in California, you gotta smog the car everytime you transfer to a new owner. But yep, selling and paying the fee works, it just like paying because you got cought driving a illegal street car, it won't make the car any more legal to drive around. You just have to keep it looking stockish to convenience cops from making you go to state ref again.

big yoggz

geser;1421368 said:
Ok, sad story because I spend freaking over 6 months researching and acquiring all the parts I need to swap my 1jz and I finally got it to run yesterday. I am seriously about to cry cause all that hard work, time, and money just to drive it for one day. I just got pull over 20 minutes ago for my loud exhaust (3.3" Blitz NUR). He pop my hood and ask me to identify or show him carb numbers. I told him everything is stock just that the pipes are aluminum. He wrote me a state referee fixing ticket. That means I have to state ref it. I need suggestion or advice. Has anyone past California strict state ref with a 1jz before. I would just rather bar the car with the 1jz if I could, but the 1jz don't have EGR so there's no way it would pass. Other options is to swap a 7mgte motor back but I cut my 7mgte harness, my 7mgte motor had a rod know that's why I swap it in the first place.

I am now left with no money, no way to put back the 7mgte motor. Is it true that they stop doing the emission test, it's just visual and as long as you have all the right stuff for emission on then they'll just bar it? Please help me, I don't want to sell my baby...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Actually a few years back when I had my Honda, I just paid off the ticket. It was like about $500. Bucks though but still screw that I'm not taking it to the ref for a dam thing

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
ya man.i moved out of cali like 15yrs ago... when i was still a young buck (my folks didnt like it too much their). so who u gonna sell the car to? your sister? your cousin lol? to be honest, for my case, i didn't even sell the car to my cousin.... i just brought a bill of sell to court on my court date. Because in truth, its not up to the seller for when the title HAS to be transfered over to the new owner. So i printed out a legit Bill of Sale from the net and took it to court with me. Had all 3 charges on me dismissed with no qustions asked. Because in truth, the DA knows that if you sold the car then its not your problem anymore, its the buyers for whenever he/she gets caught driving the car around.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1423092 said:
if he registers it as a track only vehicle he can't drive it at all on the street, and to re-register it as a street driven vehicle will have to get it ref'd. (afaik)
didnt really get all of that but you'd need a legal residence (or a GOOD friend/family member) in a non-controlled county (in CA) for this to be legal. (if its registered to them)

Pay off the guy or fine.
what? swapping the VINs between vehicles (and/or removing them from wrecked vehicles) is a felony. ie-you go to jail for long time.
Run your car off alternative fuels as long as emissions run lower then factory you would be fine ethanol (e85) propane natural gas butane etc..
doesnt help since he'd STILL have to have the car ref'd and the hardest part of ref is the VISUAL inspection. most JDM engines will pass the sniffer without EGR or other crap.

most of them, illegal.

not true, if it was skylines and Porsche 959s would be able to be registered without the owners looking over their shoulders all the time. Bill Gates even owns a 959 and it wasnt registered as a street vehicle for the longest time....