Please Help I really messed up this time.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Tonight I got out of my 91 turbo 5spd and forgot to put the E-Brake on. The car rolled away straight into a curb head on really hard and ended up on top of a giant hard bush.

It still starts up but then idles really low and unsteady and eventually dies unless Im giving it gas, even while Im moving at speed.
While Im trying to accelerate it'll do it for a second or two then just lose all power. I could floor it and nothing will happen.

And then theres huge amounts of smoke coming out from the back of the engine. Im thinking I cracked the exhaust somewhere. Can it affect the engine if its sucked in through the intake?

I really want to know what you guys think got fucked up and is now happening by the car rolling head on into the curb mercilessly and onto a hard bush.

Intercooler/Piping?
Transmission?
Something Exhaust related?

Its too dark and cant see jack right now but Im hoping maybe you guys can give me some replies so that I can be prepared for the worst in the morning.

Im still in shock and waiting for the realization to hit me in the middle of the night :cry:

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Check the turbo dump line for damage...that could cause the smoke...
Maybe wiring to the VSV or Knock sensor plug(s) popped off by the bush ???

Just a quick idea....

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
one of ur ic piping could have came lose, i drove over one of those parking things brick things on accident, it knocked the bottom ic pipe lose. I didnt realize until smoke came out lol..sounds like similar symptom, check the lowest ic pipe? iono.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Thanks for the replies guys.
Yong - Did it affect your idle?

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Rickstar22;1708895 said:
Check the turbo dump line for damage...that could cause the smoke...
Maybe wiring to the VSV or Knock sensor plug(s) popped off by the bush ???

Just a quick idea....

Where is the dump line?
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=TC&P=2

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
intercooler pipe will affect your idle since its after the airflow meter

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

do you know if any branches or anything got inside the engine bay?

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
So I took a look yesterday and..

Attachments

• 7MGTE 003.jpg
    7MGTE 003.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 7MGTE 002.jpg
    7MGTE 002.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 18

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Yes that little hole was reason for everything.
I guess all the smoke was because I was running very rich since air was escaping the intake tract.
Im pissed. My front bumper was so beautiful before this happened lol.