Please help ... A/C problem!?

EdinR

Mar 5, 2013
Plovdiv
Hi guys,
I just convert my A/C system from R12 to R154a and everything looks OK but there is a problem .. A/C runing but not cool enough!?LO - 2 kg/cm2 HI - 15 kg/cm2 , compressor resistance is 3 !
I dont know what to do?
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
He converted his A/C system into a 5-speed transmission? :dunno:

Joking aside.

Just giving us the pressure readings tells us very little, even less without the ambient temperature when the reading was taken.

How was the conversion preformed? Any conversion is not going to cool as well as the original R12 the system was designed for. There are a few things that can be done to get the most from the conversion. Parallel flow condenser, replacement of the receiver drier, newer TXV, full flush and cleaning of the system and a refill with the proper amount and type of oil, and a proper evacuation of the system prior to the refrigerant charge. There are many variables and a great deal of work that is required to convert the A/C system, and then it won't work as well as the original R12 system.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?157624-DIY-R-12-to-R-134a-Conversion-(How-To)

This is one of the better How To's. Look at this and see if your conversion missed something.

EdinR

Mar 5, 2013
Plovdiv
No,all the stuff made in Bulgaria far far from US :) and the conversion was made by book,full flush,new oil and everything by book bit still no cool enough!