plastic things on injectors

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
so i bought some denso 550 injectors off applesauce not too long ago. A couple of the plastic things that surround the nozzles are chipped/cracked. Are these replaceable or did I get effed in the butt? If replaceable where can i buy them? I didnt wanna try to remove it until I got some confirmation that they can be replaced relatively cheaply lol. used my phone to take a pic, idk if you can see the missing plastic, this was the worse injector.

p1773471_1.jpg

p1773471_2.jpg

QUESTION NUMBER THREE
how do i check the impedance of injectors with a multimeter lol. thanks.

-Michael

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
No I am not talking about those, those are rubber by the way lol. And also on the other side of the injector. Theres like a rubber boot on the bottom of injector, and beneath that is the plastic piece that surrounds the nozzle thing. anyone?

Last edited:

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
They come in most injector seal kits. If you look at the pictures on Rock Auto for the injector o-rings they're included. I replaced all mine when I redid my head.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
S.A. supra;1773529 said:
You don't want to burn a piston up. Did you know they were broken when you bought them?

yep i know, thats why im posting =). I did not know they were broken.

radiod;1773568 said:
They come in most injector seal kits. If you look at the pictures on Rock Auto for the injector o-rings they're included. I replaced all mine when I redid my head.

Oh ok nice. thanks

toyotanos;1773585 said:
"Pintle Caps" is the word you are looking for :)

Ohhohohohoho there we go! thanks man!