Place Your Bets! Dyno Tuning Tomorrow!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
2m7dvsm.jpg

The day has finally come! My friend and I are taking my MkIII with the Lex/550 mod to a local shop to dyno tune it tomorrow. We're shooting for 16-18 psi on a .57 trim CT26. She has a rebuilt A340E automatic, not a 5-speed, so I'm curious how that will effect my Hp/Tq.

Any guesses??

(Mod List)
ARP head bolts, MLS headgasket, .57 trim CT26, Walbro 255 w/12V mod, Aeromotive FPR, RC 550's, Suprasport AFM, BIC DDP, 3" HKS Sport exhaust, DM 'Spearco' IC, 2.5" aluminum hardpipes, HKS SSQV, Prosport Boost/Vac and EGT gauges, Autometer Wideband o2, HKS EVC II, SAFC II

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The 57 T4 wheel typically lays down 350-400 depending on how agressive the tune is on a 5 speed. The dyno thread (Horsepower list) will show that. The automatic will be lower from the fluid coupling losses. Since the intercooler is done, you will be on the upper end of where an agressive tune on the automatic is.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I think your clutch is gonna slip... er... wait a minute...

Seriously though? I'd guess 330-340hp, 360-370tq.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Not what I would call good customer service. What did he say "dude I overslept was playing MW2 all night"? Seriously though I would ask for some type of discount for your inconvenience. But I am also a business owner and thats unacceptable. Good luck with the tune. Hope you hit your # your looking for. I would guess 370hp.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
nick88;1614654 said:

Yep!

VooDoo;1614649 said:
Not what I would call good customer service. What did he say "dude I overslept was playing MW2 all night"?

Nah, He's a good friend of mine, not employed by the shop I'm taking it to. It's no biggie, though. We'll get her done when we get her done!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
::UPDATE::

2zs8969.jpg

I had another chance to get out to the dyno last week! Got her strapped on and did a few pulls at stock boost, slowly creeping up a bit towards redline, and I made 243hp and 230ft/lbs (at the wheels) on a Superflow load dyno. Next, we started to monkey with me HKS EVC II boost controller to turn up the boost... and it wouldn't work!! I got the thing with the car, minus the head unit which I picked up for cheap. I didn't want to try turning it up until I could set it and the AFR's correctly on a dyno just to be safe... In effect, I spent $100 to find out that my boost controller doesn't work lol.

Once I got home, I considered the issues I had with my boost controller as well as the issues one of my friends is having with his AVC-R and decided to pick up a good quality manual boost controller from none other than Driftmotion.

oa0qrq.jpg

It'll be kind of hard for this NOT to work when I get back on the dyno! As soon as I get my new MBC, I'll schedule another appointment and get some damn results!!

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
MK3.0dudeman;1618737 said:
Moy won that bet twice!

Damn that Moy!!! lol

OneJArpus;1618744 said:
i want to pickup that boost controller...

I'll post a review for it in the 'Review" section once I get it installed. Install pics galore...

7Matt-GE;1618752 said:
i want the one you can put in your drivers cabin. :D

I've always been leery of those... CRAZY long vacuum lines!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The in-cabin ones work, but I've always used a boost controller as a set and forget style item. So they are a bit of a pain to get dialed in right, but once that's done, why have another control in the cabin that you're never going to touch?

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Good philosophy! Do you know if the 'in cabin' controller is different internally? I ask because the 'in cabin' version of the one I ordered is $65 more than the 'under hood' model.