piping 2,5". How?

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
Hi)
I want to make new 2,5 piping for my 7m-gte from Turbo to throttle, with intercooler. Now it has CT-26 and 240HP.
I want to make piping with reserve for 500HP.

I've find this: http://www.turbosupras.com/images/Group%20A/Group A Engine Bay 8.jpg
http://www.turbosupras.com/images/Group A/Group A Engine Bay 6.jpg

May be pipe behind radiator will become warm, from hot air from radiator? Can it be?

I want follow this example to make piping shorter than stock.

Question: Is it expedient action? :) Or I should make piping another way?

Sorry for my bad English, please.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ive not seen that routing before, intersting, but Im not sure I like it visually. As for the heat from the radiator, you could always add a little heat wrap to that section of pipe like they have. Also the way that most people route it sends the pipes right over the turbo so Im not sure there would be a whole lot of difference. Im guessing the thermal differences would be minimal.

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Where does the fan go? Is that a race-only car with no radiator fan? Doesn't seem like there's enough room between the engine and the radiator to route piping like that without changing a lot of things...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
From the name of the pic i would assume its a Group A Turbo Supra. It is a race car. Yes it would get warm from the rad and turbo, but if you look at the pipes they have them wrapped to keep it cool. Its going to be hard to route it this way but it can be done.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
TaSe;1034654 said:
From the name of the pic i would assume its a Group A Turbo Supra. It is a race car. Yes it would get warm from the rad and turbo, but if you look at the pipes they have them wrapped to keep it cool. Its going to be hard to route it this way but it can be done.

Very tough to route indeed. Not worth the minimal gain IMHO. If truly worried about the length of the intercooler piping change over to a ffim.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
Also you said with a reserve of 500hp, does that mean you want it to support500hp? Because normally routed 2.5" - 2.75" hard pipes will support that.