Piggyback

1JZ30

Jan 21, 2008
East M'sia
One more question. What if i use a [thumb]http://www.leroye.com/blog/images/girlie/piggybag.jpg[/thumb] with an After market ECU like Blitz Access, Mine's or etc which have already raised rev limiter to 8000rpm, eliminated boost and speed cut, optimized timing/fuel maps for higher boost. is it another way of tuning more power ?

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
1JZ30;941479 said:
ohh! thanksss!!!! i understand nowww :D

With the greddy emanage blue you can also adjust the timimg

I am running an MINES ecu and the greddy emanage blue with ignition and injector harness and it work great

the mines ecu has already more agressive timing maps just like the blitz acces ecu

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
1JZ30;941882 said:
One more question. What if i use a [thumb]http://www.leroye.com/blog/images/girlie/piggybag.jpg[/thumb] with an After market ECU like Blitz Access, Mine's or etc which have already raised rev limiter to 8000rpm, eliminated boost and speed cut, optimized timing/fuel maps for higher boost. is it another way of tuning more power ?

This is one of the dilemas of using Alphabet Controllers.

They often fight each other for control, there are combinations that can coexist but you need to find someone that's actually used xx with yy and has verifiable results NOT someone that knows someone that has a neighbour's cousin's uncle's buddy that's done it.

Often by the time you play around with Alphabet controllers you'd have been better to have bought one of the more affordable standalones.

I went NA>Standalone right at the start and don't regret it for a second.

jblaze

"Always the underdog"
Apr 14, 2006
Baltimore, Md
The E-manage Blue (EMB) is the next step up from the S-AFC and just below a full standalone. You can control timing with the EMB or if you contact Winnepegman on Supraforums he can set you up with the E-manage Ultimate (EMU). Few know how to get it going, but he seems to have gotten it figured out. Also you can go onto Supraforums and do a search in the MKIII/1JZ section on aftermarket ECUs (Blitz/MINES) you will see that many of the members there have done this and most are loving it. As a matter of fact this is what I am doing with my car. I have yet to tune it yet, though.

KU_engineering

Mar 23, 2008
Bangkok Thailand
Well, if you will go for a stand alone, I would say Hks fcon v pro 2.1 or 3.1 are also a good choice. with its price (used one), I believe it is one of the best choice for your JZ. :icon_bigg

Attachments

• vpro.jpg
    vpro.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 16

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Coming from boosting VQ motors back in the nissan days all we trusted was the EMS, stinger and Emanage Ultimate.

Greddy EU really was the favorite of the forums though and those few that have them wired correctly for the JZ series say that little rival the system.

I run an Apexi Neo AFC and honestly I'd say with my little bit of knowledge I've seen ppl run up to about 450-500hp on the 1jz and then most go stand alone for safety and for more power, etc etc.

in short you'll be fine with a regular budget AFC so long as youre careful. Just know nothing equals a full stand alone even at BPU power levels, they truly are amazing.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
I understand that piggy bags aren't the best things to tune with as it's the daughter board to a mother board. I want to know what are good piggy bags?

What about piggy bags with timing control like the MAPECU2 or the Emanage Blue? Which one's were installed and running successfully and what it the max power for these piggy bags?

Standalone's are the best I know, but which one's are worth it but affordable at the same time? I spend way, way too much money on my stinkin car :naughty:, so buying an AEM EMS or some other crap in that price range is out of the question.

Why not rate standalone EMS's according to price and ease of tuning.

Stinger?
Haltech?
MSII?
blah, blah......

Need opinions here, thanks guys/gals.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Top three for the money and funtionality are AEM EMS, Stinger and Greddy eManage Ultimate... simple.

Bang for the buck is the EU, its cheaper though the problem is, its still quite new to most and alot of tuners have yet to use it..

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Dylan JZ;976870 said:
Top three for the money and funtionality are AEM EMS, Stinger and Greddy eManage Ultimate... simple.

Bang for the buck is the EU, its cheaper though the problem is, its still quite new to most and alot of tuners have yet to use it..

Are there any write-ups for the Stinger? Anyone have it installed into a 7M? Thanks

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
Dylan JZ;976870 said:

I have to agree on the EU! I couldn't be happier.