Pictures of something a little different...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
interesting oil cooler setup. I think those wheels would be sick if they were 1 inch bigger at least but car still looks good.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Did you get the off the shelf Stances or have them make short strokes for you?

Oh, and nice grape Faygo can :biglaugh:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
rodel;1611124 said:
That's how low is done!

Starion wheels fit the Supra well! I'm surprised that not more people mount them on the Supra. The the old skool JDM style of mounting an oil cooler is indeed different.

2nd time I've seen them. Agreed....off to Ebay.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Damn that sits low... i'd love to drop mine like that but around here there's no way i'd be able to get around. Me personally I'm not a big fan of the external oil cooler, but to each there own.
:thumbup:

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
Wow that looks great! I really dig the oiler cooler in the front. Did you have to roll the fenders?

2tonebb6;1611947 said:
Wow that looks great! I really dig the oiler cooler in the front. Did you have to roll the fenders?

Yeah, the fenders are rolled very flat. That's actually why I'm parked next to my friend's house with a floor jack and hammer in the background of the pictures haha :)

arknotts;1611980 said:
Wheels look great! Too bad they won't fit over my BBK or I'd try them myself...

I'll trade the wheels for your BBK :D

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
What spring rates do you have for the Stances, and how do you like the ride so far?

Also, with the wheel specs, would those width & offsets fit that well with any wheel, or would it vary wheel to wheel? I'm not great with wheel fitment :)

Width/offset being the same should make wheels fit nearly identically. The only real variation might be how thick the rolled edge of the lip is, making the wheel poke out maybe 3mm haha. Tires are another story, a 225/50/r16 can vary wildly in width depending on manufacturer. BFGs are generally really wide for their size and Nittos are really narrow for example.

My Stances are just the factory spec 12k front 10k rear. I wanted to do 14k/12k but a lot of people advised against it so I went with Stance's stock rates to get a "baseline" to see if I want them stiffer or not. The ride is amazing, but the car compresses too much and scrapes on bumps... I wish I'd gone with even stiffer rates. I'll probably send the shocks in to be re-valved for something like 18k/14k when I get a chance to park the car for a while.

Last edited:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
haha, I'm on the hate side for the intercooler, but I love the stance of the car with the wheels, looks oldschool. :thumbsup:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I might go with 15k/13k which is the most I've been told I can go (told by THMotorsports who is Stance's midwest regional distributor) haha :)