Pics of my new Billet cams

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Koenigturbo;1461702 said:
"OH Good grief Charlie Brown ", I'll just stick to what I have, thanks though, I learned something today.

I can always put together a kit for you. Just need to know the sizes you need. I sell the 28mm shimless buckets. In the big picture of building a high end motor, 350 to 400 on a shimless bucket kit is really not too much.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Yeah, why risk popping a normal shim out, and screwing up a cam.
And they are about the only way to run high rpm in a 7M (8500).

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
As stated in other thread, I paid double this price for my billet steel one off cams, trust me, this is a deal. Your pricing on buckets are pretty good too Rich.

Oh, spitting out shims is not something you want, so shimless or shim under bucket is the way to go. Shimless Yaris buckets have enough sizes to work and are NOT hard to get.

Duane

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
How do these compare to a pair of BC cams?

What RPM did/would the 272 duration tend to start dying off?

Is December the install and testing date, or is December an install date and like April a testing date?:biglaugh:

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
FullNelson;1462045 said:
How do these compare to a pair of BC cams?

What RPM did/would the 272 duration tend to start dying off?

Is December the install and testing date, or is December an install date and like April a testing date?:biglaugh:

These cams are way bigger than BC cams. These cams are for the highest end street and race 7m motors.

If you are talking about the BC stage 3 cams, I do not have any idea where they begin to start falling off. With These billet cams, you would run out of RPM before you ran out of cam. The motor these were molded from pulls hard to 10,000 rpm.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I would love to see what a dyno of these would look like!

I've got a build that BC 272s are going into and i am indeed wondering where the 272s are likely going to fall off at, flow and HP wise

I know i've a long ways to go before that point but i'm starting with a good foundation: aftermarket .20 over pistons, rods, oil flow mods, OS valves, BC spring and retainer kit, TBC crowns and chambers/valve faces. Hopefully broken in by may 2010 :) And no not "broken/broke by may" you qoute-and-edit happy goof-offs :]
Broken hardly looks like a legitimate word now, like it might be spelled funny lol

Anyways, Billet Cam Dyno-sheet to view when possible(exciting!!),
BC 272 rpm choke point?

Thanks,
-Dave

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
FullNelson;1462958 said:
Thats what I thought, It would be quite the accomplishment to have a motor built that would necessitate these cams.

There are a good hadfull of motors right here on SM that could use a set of cams like these. Many more over seas also that are not even on a forum. It is surpizing how many high end 7m motors there actually are in the world.

thedave925;1463063 said:
I would love to see what a dyno of these would look like!

I've got a build that BC 272s are going into and i am indeed wondering where the 272s are likely going to fall off at, flow and HP wise

I know i've a long ways to go before that point but i'm starting with a good foundation: aftermarket .20 over pistons, rods, oil flow mods, OS valves, BC spring and retainer kit, TBC crowns and chambers/valve faces. Hopefully broken in by may 2010 :) And no not "broken/broke by may" you qoute-and-edit happy goof-offs :]
Broken hardly looks like a legitimate word now, like it might be spelled funny lol

Anyways, Billet Cam Dyno-sheet to view when possible(exciting!!),
BC 272 rpm choke point?

Thanks,
-Dave

There are some dyno sheets of big cammed 7m motors floating around on SM and SF. If your worried about the BC cams running out of breath on you, then ditch them before you install them and pick up a set of these bad boys.:biglaugh:

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Agreed.
Toyota knew that big lift cams were the way to make power on the 7M,
that is why the Group-A head came with them
(and the reliefs cut in the head to clear the lobes).

Damn Rich.......
Not 6 months ago I paid big bucks for some high lift TRD cams.
I would have saved some serious money if I had waited.......

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Not sure of BC cams, but mine don't run out steam and hey, they shouldn't since they are custom Billet steel cams like Rich. :) (I rev mine past 8000) I just wish I paid this price for mine.

Rich, where are these other engines, in the old school Celicas aren't they!! :naughty:

Duane

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
gofastgeorge;1463128 said:
Agreed.
Toyota knew that big lift cams were the way to make power on the 7M,
that is why the Group-A head came with them
(and the reliefs cut in the head to clear the lobes).

Damn Rich.......
Not 6 months ago I paid big bucks for some high lift TRD cams.
I would have saved some serious money if I had waited.......

I will catch you on the next motor! The TRD cams are pretty nice however. Besides custom billets, I believe they were the largest cam ever produced for the 7m.

upgradedsupra;1463129 said:
Not sure of BC cams, but mine don't run out steam and hey, they shouldn't since they are custom Billet steel cams like Rich. :) (I rev mine past 8000) I just wish I paid this price for mine.

Rich, where are these other engines, in the old school Celicas aren't they!! :naughty:

Duane

Duane - you refering to the buckets? The 28 mm come from the Toyota Echo and the bigger 32mm ones come from the Pontiac Vibe, which uses a Toyota motor, not sure off the top of my head what Toyota car Toyota used their own motor in. Little bit of a pain to bore and hone all 24 lifter bores to accept the larger buckets, but it is the only way to use cams any larger than 11.7mm of lift.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
thedave925;1463063 said:
I've got a build that BC 272s are going into and i am indeed wondering where the 272s are likely going to fall off at, flow and HP wise,
BC 272 rpm choke point?

I also do not know exactly where they will fall off at, with XXX turbo (BC's). When I put my BC 272's on the dyno (with my 7m and OEM turbo) the power band dropped off at 5600-5700 rpms, compared to comparable 7M setup and OEM cams, witch was at 4700-4800 rpms. Not to mention I lost lots of HP and TQ. But talking with tuners my problem was not having enough air (to small of turbo) to really make the 272's shine.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprarich;1463302 said:
I will catch you on the next motor! The TRD cams are pretty nice however. Besides custom billets, I believe they were the largest cam ever produced for the 7m.

Duane - you refering to the buckets? The 28 mm come from the Toyota Echo and the bigger 32mm ones come from the Pontiac Vibe, which uses a Toyota motor, not sure off the top of my head what Toyota car Toyota used their own motor in. Little bit of a pain to bore and hone all 24 lifter bores to accept the larger buckets, but it is the only way to use cams any larger than 11.7mm of lift.

No, I was actually referring to the ohter high powered 7M engines,. I was wondering if they were in old school cars, never see Supras out there with big power.

You keep saying Echo, but it is actually a Yaris. :) It's a 1Litre engine from Japan. The Vibe, yes, has same engine, and, the Yaris (North American version) has 32mm buckets too. :)

Badass cam, maybe need to build another engine!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
upgradedsupra;1463433 said:
No, I was actually referring to the ohter high powered 7M engines,. I was wondering if they were in old school cars, never see Supras out there with big power.

You keep saying Echo, but it is actually a Yaris. :) It's a 1Litre engine from Japan. The Vibe, yes, has same engine, and, the Yaris (North American version) has 32mm buckets too. :)

Badass cam, maybe need to build another engine!

There are lots of high HP 7m motors all over the world. Most of them are just not on any forum. I know of 3-4 in Puerto Rico, 2 or 3 in South America, 5 or 6 in the UK, a good handfull in Germany, 1 in Russia, 2 in the Ukraine, Latvia, 1 in France, 2 in Malta, 2 or 3 in Poland, Greece, 2 or 3 in thialand. Spain, Italy, Sweden, ect These are just a good handfull of 700+ hp 7m mk3 supras I can think of off the top of my head that are not on any forum and unknown to most of us.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
92nsx: The ct26 turbine is a definite choke point in flow. But it is interesting to see the power open up another 1k rpm using the BC cams and without changing the turbo, in your case.

I like looking at dyno sheets when all the mods of the car are right there, its all in the details.

Rich: I was specifically asking to see a dyno sheet with this billet cam profile since mibrum doesn't have a dyno sheet up anywhere.

I'll stay on the look out in the meantime
-Dave

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
upgradedsupra;1463935 said:
but are basically the same really, your Supra doesn't run. :biglaugh:
Who said they were gonna go on the tubbed one...they might go on the one that runs right now ;)