Pic Request: Calling all MKIII's on 19" wheels

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
If there is any out there...

I know that at least one of our family members has 19's on his supra. Come out! Anyway, I normally would not put 19" wheels on any car, but I have my eyes on a set that I must have. Problem is, they only make them in 19 inches and larger. So, I kindly ask all of you, lurker or sm regular, to register and please post as many pics as you care to of your supra on 19's. The more angles the better! Thanks! :)

Also, any info on traction pluses or negatives would be appreciated. I know many of the high-hp mkiv bretheren have switched from 18" to 19" wheels. I don't know if the thought process behind this switch is, "I have so much freaking torque that it no longer matters what size wheels I have, because the car slaps me around like a red-headed step-child anyway," or "Yes, I now have total traction power with the secret of 19" wheels." AFAIC, the best width for the most contact patch are 18x11's with a 285 tire, but I'm just wondering. No matter, I'm still getting 19's for the street! Turn this into a 19" wheels faq for mkiii's if you wish. Thanks!

Ken

Last edited:

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
after buying my 19's
i realized that they're TOOOOO big imo:nono:
i have B+G springs and they dont lower the front enough, with coilovers i think they would look really good
i have 245/35 and 275/30's on them.
burnouts are reeeeaaaaaallll easy:icon_bigg
i'm going to go back to 17's maybe 18's

p536168_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
CTsupra said:
Awesome! Keep the pics coming, guys! I know there has to be more of you with 19's.

Supramad77, you have one of my most favorite mkiii's! I'am curious of the offset as well as I'm going with the same wheel sizes, but 10.5" out back.
Thanks guys, offset for the front was +35 and the rear is +38.
They are made by Modular in the US. I did see another set on ebay some time back.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Supramad77 - Great, thanks a lot for all the info. Do you happen to have a shot to show how the wheels tuck under the fenders??

Like this one but for the front with the tires straight.
p539752_1.jpg

I would like to get a set of wheels like would look like your rears all around. I don't like when the wheels are sitting too far in.