Pedal to the floor!!

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
So.... I havent been driving my Supra lately, because a.) it has a small oil leak near the turbo, cheap oil return seal, waiting for Toyota gasket to come in.
b.) because I got a new car.

The car was fine before I parked it, drove great besides the small leak. I go to start her up today, so the battery doesn't lose charge, maybe go around the block to knock the light rust on the rotors and my damn Clutch pedal just goes to the floor! ......WTF! It sticks there until I grab it and pull it back, there is a spring assist or something on it.

Any guesses??? Master, Slave or line failure maybe? The thing I don't get is it was fine when I parked it????

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
this sounds like a clutch slave problem. Tell me, when you pull it back up, then clutch it again, does it engage in gear? Also make sure your clutch fluid is at level.
I am having a similar problem right now, but for me, somedays its terrible, others its fine.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
suprarx7nut said:
Clutch master or slave. Or lack of fluid, but that'd mean a huge leak or incredibly clueless owner. I'm going with master or slave.

I didnt really have a chance to dive inot it because I had to work. I posted basically to vent.

The only fuild leak I have noticed was the oil leak I mentioned. I'll have to jack her up and check things out. Maybe I had a slow leak?

Thanks for the replies that were helpful :)

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
I'd also bet on clutch master. Check the fluid level and see if there's a mess under the dash by drivers side firewall. They usually leak into the cabin.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
The Dude said:
I'd also bet on clutch master. Check the fluid level and see if there's a mess under the dash by drivers side firewall. They usually leak into the cabin.

Ack, I hope not, I have a brand new black carpet. I was feeling around the floor area near the pedals and didn't feel anything.

Oh well, hopefully its something stupid and easy.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Get a flashlight and see if you can see any reflection below the pedals. Previously when my master went out, I could barely see the fluid because it was the same color as the material behind it.

If your fluid is good I'd be almost certain its the master or slave. You're supposed to replace them as a pair so it doesn't really matter which is bad. They both will need to be replaced.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
suprarx7nut said:
Get a flashlight and see if you can see any reflection below the pedals. Previously when my master went out, I could barely see the fluid because it was the same color as the material behind it.

If your fluid is good I'd be almost certain its the master or slave. You're supposed to replace them as a pair so it doesn't really matter which is bad. They both will need to be replaced.

Oh joy, do you remember what they cost you? Looks like I might have to sell the EBC I just got.

nm I found out, about $100 for both.

Do you have to drop the tranny to change them?

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mhopemk3 said:
I completely sheared the bolts on the hook that holds the clutch fork in. I'm special.. :aigo:

I did this too...

anyways, brake fluid tends to seep out, not to mention it mixing with air and water, ect...

bleed the system and see if it goes away

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This just happened to me this week. I was driving my car and the clutch went to the floor. I pulled over and checked the fluid and it was full. I had to drive it home about twenty miles with no clutch, but luckily I'm good like that................:rolleyes:

The problem was the nut on the clutch pedal. It had worked it's way off and all I had to do was put it back on and tighten the piss out of it. It didn't cosy me anything and now it's as good as new. I bet yours is the same way, or at least I hope it is. Crawl under the dash (make sure and get your seat all the way back first), get a flash light and see if the nut isn't loose. Good luck.