PCV odd liquid

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
if its in the pcv lines, let the oil sit over night and drain it, the "snot" should be the first thing coming out or shortly after that. but there are other ways to verify bhg. IIRC supracentral said if you can see it in the oil, its way beyond what the bearings can handle as far as coolant an oil mix....

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Grim is correct - if water is visible in your oil, the damage is already done.

But don't jump to conclusions - I've seen some nasty stuff form in those pipes due to condensation, etc.

Leakdown Test/Napa Block Tester and find out for sure.

If you suspect any coolant in the oil, don't run it. You've already done enough damage.

whitesupra

Nov 18, 2008
California
I also have steam coming out of the pvc valve..is this normal?I just change the metal head gasket last week..i install the oil catch can..its catch water instead of steam

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
whitesupra;1186083 said:
I also have steam coming out of the pvc valve..is this normal?I just change the metal head gasket last week..i install the oil catch can..its catch water instead of steam

No, that's not normal. Your headgasket is not sealed properly. I'll guarantee you're already etching your bearings. Stop running the car.

Go here:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20486

Scroll down to the second half of the post under the heading "Commentary on rod knock after a HG swap" - you need to read this.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
OUCH was the timing plate decked with the block? never heard of one going south this fast unless the machine work was bust or some failure in the tq sequence....

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
grimreaper;1186100 said:
OUCH was the timing plate decked with the block? never heard of one going south this fast unless the machine work was bust or some failure in the tq sequence....

I've seen it. It's always due to incorrect machining or installation.

ps - On some MHG's there is one rivet in the gasket that need to be removed upon installation, on others they all stay.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Ill try to get those tests done. my compression is still good across the board.

And head redone under 20k miles ago.

Pulled my valley covers off and oil looks good on top of engine.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
ps - On some MHG's there is one rivet in the gasket that need to be removed upon installation, on others they all stay.

you know of a few off the top of your head that don't have them or that don't need to be removed?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
did you clean the pcv system after a previous (i'm just assuming you previously had a blown headgasket) HG job? Could be some residual goop left over from the last blown head gasket.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
BrandonW;1186415 said:
you know of a few off the top of your head that don't have them or that don't need to be removed?

You can tell very easily. If you set the HG on the block or head and there's a rivet that in the contact area of the block/head, then it needs to be removed. All the rivets outside of the contact area don't need to be removed.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Cant be sure on if it was cleaned after the previous blown head or not heh.

That was done by a shop and before i found all the information on forums like this one. No one touches the car but me now heh. Still learning as i go but i do not recall see'n that before

Ill send an oil sample off soon as a get paid.