passenger side window wont go up

supraman2121

Apr 6, 2012
ontario
my passenger side window goes down but not back up befor it would after you played with the swich a bit then it was fine for a few weeks now it whent down but wont go up wires are fine swich seems to be ok is there anny way of checking the motor without riping it out

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Mine was my switch when I did it. Try playing with the passenger side window switch as you play with the drivers side passenger window switch.
Also make sure you dont have the window lock button pressed lol.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Yeah the window lock button for some reason locks out power to the passenger window on both the driver and passenger switch. Kinda fucked if you ask me, the driver should never be locked out from operating their windows.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I bet its dirty contacts in the switch itself, take it off/apart, clean it up, you'll be good to go

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
mdr40z;1836210 said:
I bet its dirty contacts in the switch itself, take it off/apart, clean it up, you'll be good to go

This.

Get a good contact cleaner WITH LUBRICANT or you'll be doing it again in a couple months. Most contact cleaners have lubricant built in just double check before purchase. You can get them at most auto parts stores, walmart, radio shack... The lubricant forms a seal that will help prevent the corrosion from reforming.

supraman2121

Apr 6, 2012
ontario
bought another swich (junkyard) tried it on my buddys car didnt work cleand contacts it worked fine brought it to my car and wont go up when u press it down the motor makes a noise but its all the way down so its like a humming but wont go up same with the driver side passenger controle will go down but not up driverside works fine

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
If you hear the motor working when you press the switch, it's not the switch! Sounds like you need to tear that motor out. Once out, you can pull the cover off of the motor, and probably see a few teeth missing on the plastic gear.

supraman2121

Apr 6, 2012
ontario
it sounds like its forcing because its all the way down if it was missing teeth wouldent it go down so far then slide till it catches the other teeth could it be the drivers side swich thats messing the whole system up

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Skeezix;1836145 said:
Yeah the window lock button for some reason locks out power to the passenger window on both the driver and passenger switch. Kinda fucked if you ask me, the driver should never be locked out from operating their windows.
Thats how all Toyota/Lexus/Scion's are designed, even the new ones today. Its designed so the driver doesnt accidently open other windows and then forget to roll them back up. I see it all the time at the dealer, people too stupid to roll up there windows.

Last edited: