Pass the Winsauce, please

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
MDCmotorsports;1674746 said:
Looks good man. Come to the Indy meet this year, you're not that far away.

I hope its better than last years meet. Tyler i still make both style intakes but i try not to make them. PITA

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
Tyler what are the specs on your boss 67mm turbo? just curious, keep up the build I will have to come down to shanes when you get ready to dyno!

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
88mk3supra;1675418 said:
Tyler what are the specs on your boss 67mm turbo? just curious, keep up the build I will have to come down to shanes when you get ready to dyno!

.81 hotside
oil bearing for long life
oil and water cooled
67mm inducer wheel

cams will make this turbo wake up in a hurry, also a bump in compression ratio in the next 2 months...

original turbo was a 62mm "ITS" which is now closed thew parts together that didnt even fit and she blew up in just over 40miles... had the front cover milled to fit a bigger wheel and had it rebuilt in cali, the same place that your 57 trim got rebuilt...

jdm 7m just got sold to a local guy on sunday... weisco pistons and crower rods on they way

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
haha yea bro def. need my suspension and brakes. I am in a very big predicament of getting a 2jz 87 supra just dont have the time to get it off the guys hands really:( so I dont really know what I am going to do man I really want a 2j and truly I want a lot of power mine is just gonna take to long to do suspension/brakes and do a 2j swap when I can just get a 2jz swapped mk3 for good price I just need my car gone asap and I need a cosigner and dont have one

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
true bro. I would like a 7m setup with the power range as yours if I am going to keep 7m, if not I want 2j

when you planning on dynoing your beast?

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
its gonna be a minute or two before i have to book dyno time..
p1679432_1.jpg

car on thursday night...
p1679432_2.jpg

car on friday night...
p1679432_3.jpg

side note 40,000+ miles of after market shenanigans in the us this jdm beast still compression tests 175psi across all cylinders. still on the OG stock head gasket installed by mr yota himself.
p1679432_4.jpg

up next is:
strip engine bay all the way down primer and paint.
install mock up block and head so i can figure out ic and charge piping for the ffim
power steering cooler

if i free up some extra money:
oil filter relocation of some sort
oil cooler upgrade
possibly send out oil pan for modification

new completion date for the motor build i hope is before the end of april. have the car ready for the dyno may 5th get a late start @ the track but still enjoy most of the season.

im literally in shock with how badly this project has snowballed out of control. started out with a 50trim and maft pro last summer, now its 67mm and aem... wtf was/ am i thinking???

i draw the line in the sand @ the stock fuel system with single walboro for this year. next year cams, head work, and A1000 with all the lines and fittings that break the bank

Beefy_Heafy

Toyota Love
Nov 9, 2009
South East Qld
hey man. just had a look thru this.. a lot of progress. pretty quickly. And obligitory "standing in the engine bay" pic. very funny.

with the heatwrap. i used black heatproof paint and a thorough amount of that fiberglas wrapping on my exhaust manifold. also i have a fiberglass filled blanket for the hotside of the turbo.
It all seems to keep underbonnet temps pretty reasonable. as far as feel goes when opening the bonnet after boosting around for a bit. None of my wiring has perished with this setup and a good amount of driving.

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
mini update aboot the motor and some tricks i've picked up from a number of other past builds.

engine has been built for about 3 years now, was originaly set up to make big dirty power on pumpgas. Crower rods, 92 block and crank "for those wanting the best yota can offer", 8:1 je forged pistons and piston to cylinder wall was setup on the loose side for more power but would have excessive blowby if i ever switched to e85.

It was bagged on a stand but eventuly dust and dirt made there way in, and the assembly lube got old, the list goes on as to why im taking her apart again preinstall. ever since the new arp ultra tq came out on the market ive been itching to do everything over again. bumping compression wile its apart for the hellof it.

block was tanked and baked, linehoned, blueprinted, decked, punched .020 over, oil pump ds is getting balanced and tweaked for better lubrication "courtesy or wesss beech" ...theres more lil tricks in there :wackit: who reads this anyhow, you want pics right?

p1753023_1.jpg

p1753023_2.jpg

crank
p1753023_3.jpg

rods, old pistons
p1753023_4.jpg

p1753023_5.jpg

fresh wisecos
p1753023_6.jpg

p1753023_7.jpg

arp main studs
p1753023_8.jpg

p1753023_9.jpg

new yota oil pump ...shimmed, duh
p1753023_10.jpg

decked front cover along with block, woot
p1753023_11.jpg

deburred bottom end...
p1753023_12.jpg

p1753023_13.jpg

fairly straightforward from here on, set up ring gap, relube, put er back together...
it pails in comparrison to my plans/ worklist for the head that im also waiting to get back from porting. Wish me luck...