Part #'s for rear lower control arms or help on fixing mounting tabs

Mark32JZ

2JZ Power
Jan 23, 2010
Laurel, Maryland
Does anyone know the part #'s for the lower rear left and right control arms. When I put on my sway bars a while ago I did not reinforce the lower mounting tabs (rookie mistake i know) and unfortunately the control arms are rusted in and the shop cant get them off without cutting them out (apparently) so I am now trying to order new control arms, eccentric plates, and eccentric bolts. Does anyone know part #'s or know if I weld on new reinforced tabs without taking the control arms out will it be strong enough. I asked if he could weld while it was on the car and he said he didn't think it would be strong enough but I was thinking maybe he could cut out the remaining piece of the old tab and weld on a thicker tab, idk, any ideas?

Mark32JZ

2JZ Power
Jan 23, 2010
Laurel, Maryland
hvyman;1556092 said:

Thx for the link. I don't know, I wouldn't see why you couldn't but the welder was saying that he didn't think he could fix the tab that was already broken to the point where it would be strong enough to not break later on. My thought was maybe he could remove the remaining piece and start from scratch but I don't know if that'll work with the control arm being rusted or if the rust even should have any effect on the weld at all. If it is possible to do I would rather do that because i think it may be less expensive and when the build is done i'll just take it to a different welder and have them fix it since the shop it's at now doesn't seem to want to do it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Grind off the old tab and weld a stronger one on there. That's a common problem when upgrading to stiffer sway bars.

Mark32JZ

2JZ Power
Jan 23, 2010
Laurel, Maryland
hvyman;1556109 said:
Grind off the old tab and weld a stronger one on there. That's a common problem when upgrading to stiffer sway bars.

alright thanks man I'm gonna just try that instead of buying all new parts. I unfortunately didn't read enough to know about that problem til it was too late so now I am just trying to fix my rookie mistakes.

Mark32JZ

2JZ Power
Jan 23, 2010
Laurel, Maryland
Poodles;1556224 said:
Find another shop? Also, if they cut the bars out, the bars should be fine as you cut the bolts not the bars...

Yea I am gonna get it welded somewhere else. There finishing up the build and then I have to take it somewhere else to get the wiring harness installed and at that point I'll find a new place to grind off the remainder of the old tab and weld a new reinforced tab on for me. If they cut the bolts out yes I would think the bars would be fine but from what the shop was telling me I was under the impression they were gonna cut the bars themselves but I could be wrong. But now with what i know Ill just tell them to leave the bars alone and have another shop fix them for me