Part out or finish?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Eh, see if there's any interest in selling it as-is for someone to finish your work. If you're not interested in it anymore, no reason to keep working on it when you don't want to. You have another Supra anyway.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Tun_x said:
Its poor form to just bail on unfinished projects .

Jason
I agree :(

OneJoeZee said:
Eh, see if there's any interest in selling it as-is for someone to finish your work. If you're not interested in it anymore, no reason to keep working on it when you don't want to. You have another Supra anyway.
Its the $$ factor. I would like to get the most I can out of it really. Putting in the work sucks, but at lease I've finished it, and gained $$ in my pocket.

If i'm only going to make 500-1000 more then parting it out. I'd save on the work and just get that extra 500-1000 from another car that I can pickup and put less work into and flip.

I just have too many damn projects. Got in too deep when I kept buying supras cause I was losing the excitment thinking a new one would spark it.. :(

I have plenty of time to decide. Now I just have to dump the 2j car ;).

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
boosthard said:
if u part it out ill probably buy your chrome valve cover :evil2:

where in the F**K do you see a chrome valve cover? this is not a tell me what you guys want from my car thread.

the engine in the pic is LONG gone and in someone else's hands!

its an unfinished project....does the engine in the pic look "UNFINISHED!?!?!?!?!"

NO

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Parting it out is gonna take time and work, and you'll still have a bunch of extras that you can't get rid of taking up space, selling as is may be the way to go, due to the "cheap" owners of mk3's (thanks to people who actually put time and money in them you know who you are)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Ckanderson said:
part it out.

im SO glad im out of the supra game.

Tissimo, you'll be happy with the Z06, just as long it doesn't break your bank. It's great to drive a nice car without worries and headaches. Look at the way Ckanderson rolls. :aigo:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
s383mmber1 said:
How can you leave a project UNfinished......

Finish it up, and take the money youd spend on the factory vette and buy a fourth gen supra...

People lose interest in projects. It's not uncommon.

He didn't say he wants a MKIV.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
no i havn't driven one..

well.. i think ive come up with a plan. I'm going to sell off my 1.5jz single parts and use that money to pay for a stock 1jz swap. Then invest like 2k-2500 of my money and get it painted. Wont be losing out on a whole bunch of money, but still be able to sell it for a decent amount of cash to recoup for a decent down payment..