parking brake shoes????

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok so I have been searching all day looking for parking brake shoes, and I really can't find much. I was wondering if anyone has a site where I can get the shoes and the hardware kit for them. Any help would be outstanding thanks guys.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well I would atleast check the dealership to see how much cash they would want for them.

You might be able to get the shoes from one of those sites you mentioned, then get the hardware from the dealership.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
Someone said that the ebrake shoes from a Rav4 or some mid 90s Toyota work, I can't remember off the top of my head. They're 1 mm oversized though so it should've been a tight fit.

Well, all my e-brake hardware was shitty and the drum was gunked up so nothing wanted to fit. Ended up shearing off one e-brake pad, sanding down the other, and snapping the cable to the passenger rear.

But for $30 it holds the car :D I wouldn't do it again.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I think previa ones fit dont quote tho. And stock is about this - big.

If your drifting i can see why. If your not they dont really wear as they are not used in braking just holding.

Also think toyota is the only place.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
hvyman;1667431 said:
I think previa ones fit dont quote tho. And stock is about this - big.

If your drifting i can see why. If your not they dont really wear as they are not used in braking just holding.

Also think toyota is the only place.
If you're drifting, you should have an aux brake that ties into the rear brake hydraulics in addition to the standard emergency brake.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
well I am going to be doing a hydro ebrake here soon becuse I do plan on drifting it, thats why I am looking for everything so I can start peicing it all together. Also they 97 supra rear shoes fit to? Is that what I was getting from that?