Paint code on Stock MKIV TT wheels?

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Well I have my rims off my car right now, and one of the center caps is fading, my question is what is the color code for the rims and center caps? I want something that is going to match pretty good with the wheels. Thanks Ohhh btw this color....

p1608854_1.jpg

and here is the center caps :3d_frown:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I might just pain all 4 wheels also not sure yet. Thanks!

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i found a really close color in just a rattle can for my 91 5 spoke wheels.
even with a good was from just 5ft away you cant tell.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ozzy, I know Home Depot carries quite a selection of Rustoleum spray paint, I can almost guarantee you you can find something very close. The store I work at has at least 15 different types of gray...

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
I used duplicoat, and I thought it matched the stock color of the TT wheels very well. Not just the color, but also the shine or the finish looked oem to me too. I got it from advanced auto, and the color was stated simply as "silver". There was no other silvers. I might have some pics around if you want to see them.

My advice would be just make sure you degrease the hell out of your wheels, and use a good primer.

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks guys! I might just sand all of them and re-paint them all so they all match, that way they all look fresh and match for sure. But if I do that I might wanna do some crazy color. Any suggestions? My car is red BTW

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Back when my car was red (3e5 I believe the tag said?) I always thought a dark bronze would look really good... Not a very "crazy" color, but red and "crazy" don't always look great together. Perhaps a really bright blue or yellow of some sort if you're looking to get a little attention...

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Yeah i think its hard to make a red car look good with crazy color rims. I just think like black MKIV rims look lame, and im gettin sick of the silver on my car. I might do a charcoal color or maybe polish them. If anyone has pictures of a red mkIII with mkiv wheels painted or any color really please post them up!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
These are a charcoal engine enamel (high temp) painted over a black paint that was already on them. Just a rattle can job, but they look alright. Hope the scenery isn't too much for ya. ;)

p1610106_1.jpg

p1610106_2.jpg

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Cool man, that looks just like Justins car, and Im guessing thats Clints? They dont look bad at all, specially for a rattle can paint job

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My car doesn't look much like that at all anymore, but this picture was ~2+ years ago, back when I was living with Clint and his old lady. :)

For what it's worth, we painted those wheels about 30 minutes before these pictures were taken. I think the paint probably dried on the way there haha... I always thought it might be cool to mask off the spokes and paint the actual 'rim' of the wheel a different color, say... white? :)