PacNW 2011 Weather?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Hookers and blow?

Seriously though, I find it really difficult to put any faith in the weather forecast around here until a couple days before it actually happens. Even then they are often wrong - it was calling for rain yesterday, instead I got hot sun.

The only part of the event that is *really* weather dependent is the track at Mission... If it really does rain and close the track, maybe we should all descend on the nearest waterslide park instead. :)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I guess that's true. If the Friday Night Street Legals do get rained out will there likely be an alternative planned at all? Also, is admission in to the drags (and I know some will have prepaid for racing) covered in the sign up for PacNW?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
$35 includes your admission, not any passengers. If you havent prepaid then it will cost $5 per head. As for alternative plan if the races get rained out, I was thinking about that today. I say we just wing it, go grab something to eat and maybe find a underground parking lot to go hang out at. House party?? lol

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
If you'd want to do karting the only place that would be decent and still open would likely be TBC racing in Richmond. I can't think of another one that isn't weather dependent and/or governed to 30kph, lol. We could swarm Castle Fun Park and do mass mini golfing :icon_razz!

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
GrimJack;1734458 said:
I hear Don will be out of town.

Mr. Burns...
Excellent.
/Mr. Burns...
The only way you "car" guys would get to use my place for a party/get together during my absence would be if you were all involved in either quilt making or into organic gardening for better health..lol..

:)

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
VanSupra;1734596 said:
The only way you "car" guys would get to use my place for a party/get together during my absence would be if you were all involved in either quilt making or into organic gardening for better health..lol..

:)

huh, I happen to be an expert in both those subjects

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

radiod;1734574 said:
If you'd want to do karting the only place that would be decent and still open would likely be TBC racing in Richmond. I can't think of another one that isn't weather dependent and/or governed to 30kph, lol. We could swarm Castle Fun Park and do mass mini golfing :icon_razz!

funny, castle fun park came to my mind too. Or if its not raining but the races got cancelled we could go to the drive-in and catch some flicks? Who am I kidding, the weather is going to hold out and were gunna race until 11pm

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
My name's Dave....what am I going to do? lol!

And yes, I know of who you speak of...you going to pull off the magical 11.49 this year Dave?

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
They wont boot you for running an 11.49 they will more than likely let you run into the 10's if you and your vehicle are so inclined. It wouldn't be the first time. Heh!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Weather wasn't perfect, but it was close. Not too hot, didn't rain at all until pretty late in the night - we probably lost an hour of racing at the end, but they might have closed it due to dew before 11 anyway. Hoping for the rest of the weekend now!