PAC NW 2010 Supra meet details

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
So, thinking a little ahead here. What happens for lodging and how secure will our cars be?

Your place is pretty secure right Duane? ;)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
A couple things to keep in mind for that.

First, the area we are going to be in isn't exactly high crime.

Second, it's kind of like running from an enraged bear with a group. You don't have to be the fastest, you just can't be the slowest. As long as you're not driving the nicest car at the show, chances are you've got nothing to worry about. :D

Seriously, though. I live here. I park my car on the street every day while I'm at work. I haven't had my car broken into, vandalized, or stolen in over 10 years. You have about the same chances of being attacked by a moose as you do being vandalized. (I've had both happen to me once in the last 20 years.)

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
GrimJack;1502282 said:
A couple things to keep in mind for that.

First, the area we are going to be in isn't exactly high crime.

Second, it's kind of like running from an enraged bear with a group. You don't have to be the fastest, you just can't be the slowest. As long as you're not driving the nicest car at the show, chances are you've got nothing to worry about. :D

Seriously, though. I live here. I park my car on the street every day while I'm at work. I haven't had my car broken into, vandalized, or stolen in over 10 years. You have about the same chances of being attacked by a moose as you do being vandalized. (I've had both happen to me once in the last 20 years.)

Yup, and the moose up here wear condoms and are very gentle to first timers, right Dave?

There's no guarentee where ever you go on this planet. The actual area where this is all taking place is slightly distant from the main city being Metro Vancouver. It's more out towards the Fraser Valley so things are a bit more spread out. Depending on where you book your stay (we'll be looking into that) I'm hoping all should be fine..Certain precautionary measures will all be addressed and taken into account.

:)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
VanSupra;1502719 said:
Yup, and the moose up here wear condoms and are very gentle to first timers, right Dave?
No, they don't. Dirty bastards... Tip: 2800lbs of car doing 55mph can't even knock down a full grown bull moose. Sure does fuck up the car, though.

VanSupra;1502719 said:
Certain precautionary measures will all be addressed and taken into account.
And by that he means we'll hire 4 locals with shotguns and have them patrol the parking lot, shooting the prairie dogs before they start chewing on tires.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
^ Crossing every morning for what, to save money? It would probably be the same in gas. lol

We will have some info posted, be patient. We just added the dates, now get your car ready to rumble!

Duane

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Sooo stoked for this. Is this the first time its been in canada? Or is it every year?
This means I don't need a passport! lol!

Anyways, I will most likely have the red beast ready for this lol I will probly need to stay at someones house or something closer to vancouver as I dont feel like driving 2 hours everyday to and from Harrison haha

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Yes, we have a little over 70 Supras in '06. I hope we can have that or more this year as we have lots of notice for people to get ready!!!

Duane

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I know it's early; but, has there been any talk of the festivities? Cruise day...track day...show and shine day...?

This may be good to know for all prospective attendees: Aside from travel and lodging expenses, what other expenses can we expect.

Sorry for the ignorance. This will be my first PAC NW.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
It wont be "official" because of copyright laws, but Im going to plan a real nice cruise for saturday night, so long as there isnt anything offical going on. I know some of the best roads around here and I want to share with everyone.

As for whats offical, I cant really say because I dont know, but Im sure there will be a dyno day and probably drag racing on friday, last time in vancouver on saturday there was an autocross event which was a blast and then the show and shine was on sunday. This year... well the powers that be will decide that soooooon! i hope

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Brad. Sounds like exciting stuff! :)

mattsplat72;1502869 said:
Kenny ,I am pretty sure I wont be staying over night in Canada. I only live about 45 minutes south of the border. I have an extra bedroom and a big living room so if you want you can pit stop here.

Thanks Matt. It's looking like I will be grabbing a hotel room; but, if plans change and I need a place, I'll let you know.