overheating and other probs. help.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Godspeed;1139704 said:
i think im going to just get a whole new core.. the long tube on the drivers side is all f#$% up and i gotta have heat for the winter...lol unless you got one you wanna get rid of. i have some ac parts and an electric fan lol..

Well let me double check my core when I pull it out within the next few days (not working on it this weekend) but if its in good shape and not clogged at all, I could sell it to ya or something. Not much tho, cause I really dont need it. Im taking all the heating and air out of my car, its going to be strictly a summer decent weather car once im done with my build. im in a tear down process right now, and taking out what I can to kill some time. Im recovering from a broken ankle and off work right now, so I have nothing but time. If I dont get the heater core out tomorrow, get at me on monday and remind me. And so long as it is in good shape (pretty sure it is) i'll sell it to ya cheap.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Poodles;1139295 said:
Even disconnecting the ECU temp sensor wouldn't make the car die...

It was the brown line that went from the AFM, to the ecu thermo switch, to the TPS, to the ECU line E2. Once I repaired the damaged line by the thermostat where the ecu thermo switch and AFM come together, It started working just fine. Sorry if i was not clear enough in my exact fix. It was another thread that made me think about it. And made me look at it.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
sounds good to me. hey if you wanna shave some weight you may wanna think about removing the sound deadining from under the carpet ... i removed it from my other supra and i weighed it after the removal and it weighed in at 40lbs... just lets in a little more sound.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Godspeed;1139741 said:
sounds good to me. hey if you wanna shave some weight you may wanna think about removing the sound deadining from under the carpet ... i removed it from my other supra and i weighed it after the removal and it weighed in at 40lbs... just lets in a little more sound.

Well im taking all of the interior out, and going to actually repaint the metal in there. Then im going to put down some dyna mat for heat, and sound dissipation. Im not running carpet in the car, or really much of an interior. Drivers and pass seats ( 25lb race seats ) harnesses, and a cage. Im going to keep the rear side pannels in the hatch i think, but thats about it. Well the dash and door pannels are going to stay too. But i think im going to customize my dash a bit. Cause I dont like the stock gauge locations, and I have aftermarket gauges to put in the car anyway.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Godspeed;1139990 said:
sounds like fun... lmk how your dash turns out.

Im going to post up pics after i have it done with the steps it went thru. No work in progress pix, and have something that looks like crap for any length of time. After its a finished product, i'll post it all up. But basically I want to move around the Speedo, and tach with new 5" ones, then im going to put my boost gauge between them, and the turn signals above them. Then on the right side is going to be Coolant temp, oil temp, and oil pressure, with AF and voltage in the pillar pod, and Once I get my MAFT pro, im going to have the display unit mounted in the dash where the Fuel and boost gauges are now. Then my fuel level gauge is going to get mounted under that. The stereo is planned to be about where the climate controls are now, and then below that im going to install the turbo timer, FCD, and a few other odds and ends. Toggle switches for my fans, and so forth. Behind the glove box im probably going to install a bottle and have it run out behind the fender. I want to keep a stockish look to the car, and want to keep the intercooler pipes in their stock routing (just upgrade for hard pipes and BOV) Then im going to have the nitrous solonoid and fuel solonoid on a bracket under the fender so they can be injected into the intercooler pipes there before anyone can see that its there. So by the time someone knows what I have its already to late. LOL Im still doing my research on the nitrous system i am going to run though. I want it to have a safe mounting point on the firewall for the bottle, and keep it out of sight from anyone that doesnt know exactly where to look. And that in tune with the big lipp boss turbo should be a pretty potent setup. Hopefully. LOL

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Godspeed;1140255 said:
cool keep us up to date.

After its done I'll have process pics from start to finish, But im not a constructive criticism type of person when im doing custom work. After its done people can say they would have done something differently, but during my build it will be a show no one until its completed type of deal. I'll get at you on monday or tuesday about the heater core. I didnt get it finished yesterday, and now im out for the weekend. I should get it tore apart on monday and let you know if the heater core is good on tuesday.