Over boosting

BrettMRC

Nov 7, 2012
UK
JZ swap has been mooted - will come down to cost and how long she can bear to be without the Supra for! (She's using my LS400 at the moment)

Sorry - should have been clearer IJ, I didn't mean an external crack :) Like you I'm suspecting it may be a breach in that area, did some research yesterday and it seems the metal is thinnest around the bolt holes. As and when the engine gets pulled we will do a proper post mortem and post up the results.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
IJ.;1900295 said:
Very rare to crack a 7M to the outside of the engine, more common is between the deck steam holes and the headbolt holes, this can also be caused by either hydraulicing the Hole if it's not cleaned out or crap in the holes that hasn't been chashed and then Studs installed.. :(

Read any warranty very carefully and stick exactly to any stipulations as most suppliers WILL screw you on any claims with the 7M..

I actually have one of those cracks from bolt hole to steam hole. Hasn't affected the engine in anyway that I can tell.. I actually forgot that I had it until now. lol

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Backlash2032;1900324 said:
I actually have one of those cracks from bolt hole to steam hole. Hasn't affected the engine in anyway that I can tell.. I actually forgot that I had it until now. lol

Built an 18k Mile old engine for a Buddy that had them, he wanted to keep the matching number engine with the car so I loctited the Stud in place and filled the crack after a thorough degrease and some heat to open it up. <fingers crossed>

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
All I did was put RTV on the stud. Seems to be working fine.. if it fails it gives me an excuse to rebuild.. but it doesn't seem like it's going to.