OS Giken...

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
Here is my stupid post for the week...
I took out the clutch and flywheel from my 1J and found an OS Giken clutch and flywheel.
I want to sell this stuff because I bought a new light flywheel and looking I have my eye on a stage 3 clutch on driftmotion's site.
Could anyone give me specifics on the following parts and show much I should sell them for?
Also I saw that a "push/pull converter" might be required? Not exactly sure what that is, so if someone could enlighten those of us who don't know, that would be awesome!
Thanks!

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
IJ.;1135914 said:
Expensive to rebuild and not all that nice to drive.
(I ran one for a few years)

That's what I hear. I'm probably going to ditch it. I don't plan on making much power any time soon. In a couple years I would like to be in the upper 400's to 500 whp, but I want to work the bugs out first.

Thanks for the info everyone. Any idea on a used price tag? Looks like its in decent shape.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I got mine dirt cheap used then paid HEAPS for a rebuild :(

I'd have a look on e-bay and see if anyone is selling one used then gauge a price by comparing condition.

The Discs are 4mm thick when new.

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
IJ.;1135959 said:
I got mine dirt cheap used then paid HEAPS for a rebuild :(

I'd have a look on e-bay and see if anyone is selling one used then gauge a price by comparing condition.

The Discs are 4mm thick when new.

Thanks for the info man! I saw one sell on here for like 300 shipped. I was thinking around 250 shipped? I have to look into this whole push/pull converstion thing. I'm a stumped newb. :3d_frown:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Exactly, drive a twin plate on a 300whp engine in traffic, then ask yourself if it really is a upgrade to a stage 3 clutch. Then a few months later when everything behind the twin plate clutch breaks (trans, diff, crossmember, etc...), ask yourself the same question again.

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
IJ.;1135970 said:
What trans was the clutch fitted to?
(w58 doesn't use the converter r154 does and it should be in the bellhousing)
Trans was on the engine when I bought it from a person who bought it from a local japanese engine dealer, so it should be an R154.

Just went out and took this:

IMG_2323.JPG

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
IJ.;1135914 said:
Expensive to rebuild and not all that nice to drive.
(I ran one for a few years)

False (about not nice to drive), I drove a OS giken triple with 0 issues at all. Was Extremely easy to drive even with a broke trans starting off in 2nd gear. A stiff pressure plate 6 puck is harder to drive imo.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tissimo;1136166 said:
False (about not nice to drive), I drove a OS giken triple with 0 issues at all. Was Extremely easy to drive even with a broke trans starting off in 2nd gear. A stiff pressure plate 6 puck is harder to drive imo.

FIL;1136169 said:
OS twins are fine for daily driving.... haven't driven a triple yet, but have had a twin for several years now and loving it...

And I'm guessing they both were sprung disc OSG's?

Look at the pics it's a solid and no way known is it "nice to drive".....

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
soapra;1136012 said:
I'll give you 300 shipped for it!

Another forum member sent me PM. Apparantly, he sold his setup on ebay for almost 600 on ebay and that was without the converter, which he said sells for about 600 new :aigo:. I think I'm going to try my luck on ebay and then post it in the for sale here if it doesn't sell.