OS Giken clutch release movement kit not fitting

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
I need some help. Who has installed a clutch release movement alternation kit? This is required with my clutch, but its not sitting correctly. It seems to be out of center by at least 1/4 inch.

Here is the bracket thats out of center. On one end has two bolts that bolt to the bell housing. The other side has one bolt with a spring.

p1671254_1.jpg

You can see the release bearing sleeve hits the bracket on one side and I have plenty of space on the other side. This kit is used and came off a 7mgte-R154 and it has no signs of metal pieces rubbing together.

p1671254_2.jpg

This lever also hits the bracket with plenty of space on the other side.

p1671254_3.jpg

Post by SM member "joliroger4" were everything appears to be centered:

oskit.jpg

Last edited:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
could the bracket under your top green arrow, the one with two bolts in it, be on backwards? if you spin it 180, would that move the linkage over to clear?

also in jolirogers pic, the bracket on the top left doesn't look like its bolted in.

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
Enraged;1671283 said:
could the bracket under your top green arrow, the one with two bolts in it, be on backwards? if you spin it 180, would that move the linkage over to clear?

also in jolirogers pic, the bracket on the top left doesn't look like its bolted in.

I have tried to rotate that double bolt bracket 180 and it doesn't work. Those 2 bolt surfaces are at two different elevations relative to the plain of the bellhousing mounting surface.

This is true the joliroger's isn't bolted down.

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
Sorry, I have nothing. I bought that clutch second hand, bought a new jz flywheel for it as well as a new movement alteration kit for it as mine was missing a few odds and ends and ended up selling everything. It looks to me as the bracket needs to be flipped, but you said you tried that already. I know the BH must be ground at that rib. I see what you are saying about the elevations, but if you flip it shouldn't they elevations on the bracket remain the same relative to the BH? And yes, my bracket was not installed at the time of those pics as I didn't want to grind the housing until I was sure I had to.

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
I may be on to something. Here is a close up of my bracket, the one with the two bolts to the bellhousing.

p1671932_1.jpg

Here is the same bracket is Joliroger's post:

osbrkt.jpg

In his picture the bracket attached in the centerline of the 2 bolts. In mine it attaches 1/3 from one bolt and 2/3 from the other. This must be my problem. For those of you that grinded the bellhousing, how much did you grind? I didn't grind much at all but if I use Joliroger's bracket, I would have to grind a hell of a lot more, like the whole triangle.

p1671932_2.jpg

Here is a link to the actual for sale ad. He was using a 7mgte and R154 just like me so thats confusing.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?131453-Mega-Part-Out...FFIM-Regulus-OS-Giken-HKS

The clutch fit just fine on the 7mgte:

p1671932_3.jpg

If this bracket is the issue, and I think it is, its not a bad fix. I can cut the middle threaded piece off and weld it to the center. Sound like a good plan?

Thanks guys,
Dennis