Original mkiii ride heights + questions

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Hello all,

Does anyone out there know the original ride heights of the mkiii supra?
Ground to the top of the front and rear wheel arch and/or ground to lowest point on chassis rail?
(1988 model preferably)

millimetres or inches appreciated.

Also, my mk3 supra has the dark leather interior, is this standard from factory for this year (1988)
Also, did any mk3 come with no rear spoiler? (in the case of getting a new hatch with no spoiler factory and keeping my one with the spoiler on it - don't want to be welding the holes left in the hatch)

Any feedback is much appreciated!
-Ryan.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Can't say as to the ride height, but most of the non-turbo Supras came without any wing, unless they had the sport package.
Shouldn't be too hard to find a wingless(hole-less) hatch.

PS- dark leather interior?
Do you mean the maroon or blue interior? If so, yes, those are stock colors.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ryansmith;1821497 said:
Hello all,

Does anyone out there know the original ride heights of the mkiii supra?
Ground to the top of the front and rear wheel arch and/or ground to lowest point on chassis rail?
(1988 model preferably)

millimetres or inches appreciated.

Also, my mk3 supra has the dark leather interior, is this standard from factory for this year (1988)
Also, did any mk3 come with no rear spoiler? (in the case of getting a new hatch with no spoiler factory and keeping my one with the spoiler on it - don't want to be welding the holes left in the hatch)

Any feedback is much appreciated!
-Ryan.
...and here I was, measurements ready and all, but if I can't give you the measurement in cubits, I don't know if I can help ya.

Just kidding, although I'm kinda curious, that's not a common question. Stock height was rather tall, on stock tires, you had around 3-4" of wheel gap all around. Not certain where that puts the fender arch, but they made decent off-road cars in stock form. ;)

As for the hatch, yes there are plenty out there without spoilers, my 88 was wingless, and it HAD the sport package. All up to whoever ordered the car in the first place.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
te72;1821749 said:
All up to whoever ordered the car in the first place.

Usually some dick ass that cheaped out, neglected it, sold it to another retard that neglected it further, so on and so forth.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya wingless was not specific to na or turbo. I have seen plenty of factory turbo cars that were stock wingless. Majority of cars had spoilers tho.

Stock ride height is 4x4. Quick search rebvieled something like 2ft 4in front and 2ft 3in rear for a 88. Front is a tad higher than rear.