One thing the Supra is not good at....wardriving...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I do this once in a while while on road trips, or just to go and scratch around on peoples comps.

ITs not illegal if your dumbass shared it.

I ran into a guy with a .txt file called passwords.

Had his user name and passwords for and I shit you not:

Car Bill
Rent
Bank account
Phone
Internet
School

Basicly If I wanted too, I could have had his car repoded, his rent canceled, his phone turned off, his internet and cable disconnected, and his school schedule removed and dropped out of school.

thats if I wanted too, So if you have a wireless connection LEARN HOW TO SECURE IT, OR GO WIRED. CAUSE IM NOT AN ASSHOLE BUT OTHER PEOPLE ARE.

Feuerstoss

Nov 14, 2005
Colo. Springs, CO
Well, hm. As far as my Celica goes, I usually leave the laptop in the passenger's seat. No wardriving for me, since I have broadband at home and am usually at home most of the time anyway... I use my laptop for gaming and listening to music when on the road.

And, I'm pretty sure my wifi is secure... gotta love MAC address filtering. :p

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Kai said:
Lol - budget, yes, although i just have to wait for BT to pull their finger out and come install my 8mbit internet connection at home. took them a month to get the freakin phone working :(

It's not too bad wardriving, as long as, i find, you put the laptop on the roof. Not only does the laptop get nice and cool, but you actually have room to type! :D

My dome lights dont work at all, buttons or not - so inside the car, i found it difficult to see wtf i was typing :p
go to the search option and type in "dome lights" or "dome light" and fix those son's'o bitches :icon_bigg ... trust me, it's a SIMPLE fix

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
swaq said:
Sounds like you need a MacBook Pro or PowerBook where the lettering on the keyboard is lit up when there is low lighting.

the IBM/Lenovo T-4x and T-6x have a light to light up the keyboard as well. my internet connection is so tight, that since i switched to linux on my laptop i cant get in. hopefully there is a way to revert back to factory without knowing the passwords...

Feuerstoss said:
My ThinkPad T21 has a keyboard light. It's a little old school, but it still works just fine.
wow, t21, that thing is oldschool. designed for windows 95?

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
foreverpsycotic said:
the IBM/Lenovo T-4x and T-6x have a light to light up the keyboard as well. my internet connection is so tight, that since i switched to linux on my laptop i cant get in. hopefully there is a way to revert back to factory without knowing the passwords...

I used a IBM/Lenovo T40 when I worked for IBM. I assume you mean just a light, and not the the keys themselves are lit up?

Here's a picture of the MacBook Pro keyboard all lit up:
apple_light_key.jpg

It uses fiber optics or something like that to just light up the lettering.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i was refering to the light at the top of the screen that does its job quite well, withoug killing too much battery.

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
"Remember, the internet is not a truck! It's a series of tubes! This week one of my staff sent me an internet and it took a whole day to get there!"

...Using other peoples tubes has ridiculous legal consequences. No surprise when legistlative people are so clueless about the internet.