One-piece aluminum drive shaft...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Has anyone else that's running a Driveshaft Shop driveshaft noticed any new noises since installation?

I've noticed a very faint ringing at certain speeds... right about 61mph is the most prominent one. It's like I'm reaching the resonance frequency of the DS or something.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Are there documented cases of these things failing? The only one I can think of is someone's carbon fiber one that broke on the Dyno. I want to say it was Duane, but I am not sure...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ i think it was duane, and he was pushing like 600+ HP right?

-shaeff

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
There is not one documentation of a one pc. AL DS failing...if so, I can rest assure that Supra Sport, Titan and other supra specific parts carriers would halt all sales of the DS.

Of course they have the saying that its an "offroad" use only add on and they claim no responsibility of failure....but thats not always the case.

I would of bought the carbon fiber DS.....but the cost to potential was just about equal ( being main reason for purchasing was the reduction in weight and rotating mass... the carbon is like 11lbs vs. the AL 13lbs...)

If someone could develope a 2pc unit out of AL or carbon like the 3000gt guys...that would be AWSOME and I would probably sell my 1pc for a 2pc.....

but thats far off....no body will take the time to do it...sadly.

I love mine, and wont think otherwise.

-Jonathan

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i got ads on order and i'm not the least bit woried about it.alot of car companys are using these.my friends 2500hd with duramax diesel has one,my ford e250 has one,chevy vans use them.these are all live axle trucks,so the only issue would probably be the independent suspension.i don't load my car with alot of weight,then drive like an ass.so i'll probably not have any issues with it
keith