one less supra on the road

billwert

Sep 25, 2007
Naylor
That sucks man. I think my TC went out the other day I haven't had a chance to get under it and pull the tranny.

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
lol its been knocking for a while, and just saturday I picked up a complete motor for 75 bucks, the guy thought it had a blown headgasket, but I looked close and a radiator hose right next to the head had a crack in it, so I took it apart and the head gasket was fine. im gonna turn the crank 10 over and maybe bore it .40 over. How strong are the stock rods?? I know im gonna get really strong rod bolts, and head bolts, and some new pistons. Also I was looking on the head, and is there a cam bearing set for our cars? Cus it looks like there is a bearing built in the head?? Never took the cam out, to see, But thats what it looked like. On the motor I bought, it looked like it overheated cus the pistons are COVERED in carbon. and the oil ring is seized on all except 1 piston. but the block is PERFECT, and the bearings I pulled out of the motor were in VERY good shape. Only 1 had any kind of moderate wear. So I think I got a good deal. Any suggestions on Pistons, bolt brands, Cam/main bearings, ofcourse I will buy the HKS metal Headgasket, hope I didnt soak the turbo in oil lol. Im gonna pull it this weekend. and if I get my other block and crank back I might have a new motor in it in 2 weeks.

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
decided im gonna use stock crank stock rods, and ARP hardware, HKS metal Headgasket, and stock bore. Prolly turn the crank 10 over. maybe a 500 dollar rebuild

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends entirely on the damage to the crank. Don't have it turned if it doesn't have to be (hate repeating myself).

The crank is forged, but the journals are surface hardened, and that only goes so deep. Hence why I said DON'T do it unless it's needed.

Hell, the crank might be scrapmetal for all you know...