? on removing some int.

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
how you remove the leather on the door panel and how you remove this piece in the pic?

Attachments

• 100_1972.jpg
    100_1972.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 79

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You must remove the door panel, and also the rear panel to get those off. Once those panels are off. it is pretty self explanatory. You do it from the back side, but I can't exactly remember exactly how. I don't have a spare door panel, but I might have the rear panel to snap you a pic right quick.

BRB

rossman3s

Mar 20, 2008
Northeast PA
If memory serves there are 4-8 metal tabs that are bent around the backside of that rear panel, keeping it in place. Take off the panel, unbend the tabs, and it slides out.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
He is correct!

Here are 2 pictures. The first shows the entire area behind the rear panel. I took this one to show that on both the rear and the door panel, they have glued sound deadening pads over some of the clips. You will have to pull those up, and be prepared to either glue them back down or discard them. I'd try to keep them.

p1221172_1.jpg

And here is a close up of the clips you can see, to give you an idea.You just bend them out straight, and the panel pushes through. Don;t force anything! If it will not come loose, there is probably a clip still hiding somewhere.

p1221172_2.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Hah, I never knew that... I just popped em out from the front. At least I didn't break the tabs. Learn something new every day

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It is fairly simple. It almost all revolves around the center piece. On the end of that panel, closest to the door, there are two clips that just pop loose. Pop that end loose, and slide that panel out. There are two flat pieces of metal that hold that back end of it in place with no screws or clips. Once that panel is out of the way, there are 3 screws behind it. There are only two more screws holding it. One is at the bottom, just under the edge of the rear seat bottom. The other is up at the top, where the latch that holds the seat top up.

If that is not clear enough, I will do pictures again. I can snatch one of these out in 2-3 minutes, so it all sounds logical to me. It is just 5 screws and 2 clips.

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
its just like ForcedTorque said. i don't know if everybody has to but i had to remove the rear seat bottom and the backs. to make it easier i also removed all the bolts and stuff for the bottom bracket of the seat back.