'Oldschool' from Mesa, AZ

Dave K.

Nov 9, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone! Dave Koos from Mesa, AZ, here! I've been a Supra owner since May 1995, and been a member of SOGI since 1999. I'm on the CS.com forum and AZSupraCentral.com forum under the s/n 'Supradavis'. Figured I'd join up here and introduce myself. I have a beautiful wife, Jennifer, and two lovely step-daughters who are entering the "tween" years!!!! :yikes:

My 1992 Turbo targa 5spd...
p1638582_1.jpg

I've owned this baby since Oct 21, 1998. Bought it from the General Manager of Marina Del Rey Toyota, who was the 2nd owner of it. When I bought it, she had just 33,000 miles on her! Originally came with an automatic transmission, but I did an R154 swap in Jan. 2002, after the auto died. The paint is faded pretty bad on the hood & roof, but the cloth interior is still in great shape! Dynoed 342 rwhp & 441 rwtq at SILV in 2002. Currently running a 60-trim CT-26 w/ full 3" turbo-back exhaust, AMS intercooler, custom hardpipes, Apex-i S-AFC, mbc set to ~15psi, Tokico springs/struts, ST sway bars, and front/rear STB's. Next on the list of 'updates' (i.e. repairs) is a set of coilovers!

My black '86 MK2 P-type 5spd...
p1638582_2.jpg

My wife bought this one back in Feb 2005. Once I started tearing into it to replace all the usual wear items (timing belt, water pump, hoses, oil seals, etc etc), we discovered that the crank pulley bolt was only on there hand-tight! This caused the woodruff keys to get totally messed up & wobble out the slot in the crank pulley. Bought a JDM 6M-GE and did the swap, replacing all the stuff I mentioned earlier. Had to replace the 3rd brake light as the housing on the original one melted. Installed one from an '88T Supra. Looks great and like it was from the factory! This is now my current daily driver. Running a cone air filter, Rabid Chimp intake pipe, unknown brand headers and a custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust w/ a 4" tipped fart-can. :runaway: Wheels are custom ROH Snypers bought through a group-buy on CS.com in 2004.

My blue '86 P-type 5spd...
p1638582_3.jpg

My wife loves me too much! :D We got this one from a guy in Tucson in Sept. 2009, who was desperate to unload it. I had one very similar to this when I graduated high school in 1995, but that one was an '85 w/ an auto transmission. I wanted to get another blue w/ blue cloth 5spd '85/'86 MK2. She needs some work, but she does run. I just wanted to get the rolling chassis in my possession before they all developed too much rust! Gotta get her through emissions so I can license & register it. Not sure when the funding will become available, but I'm thinking another year or so. Gotta get the old debt paid off first before the fun can begin! :icon_sad:

Other previous Supras I've owned include a blue '85 P-type auto, silver '89 n/a hardtop 5spd, and a white/black "Panda" '84 P-type 5spd that I rescued from a junkyard.

I'll probably just be lurkin' around. Wanted to at least introduce myself and say HEY!!! :icon_bigg

Dave K.

Nov 9, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Thanks guys!

I've been so busy the last 5+ years with "life" stuff, so I haven't been able to spend as much time & money on the cars as I did when I was single! Just doing my best to keep the cars in good running order for the time being. Upgrades & such will come in the future when disposable income becomes more available.