Old Thread - See New One - Centralia/Chehalis M&G Plans

Rich64N

Oct 28, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I put the info up on celicasupra dot com. You can expect at least 15 MK IIS to show up, probably 20 weather dependent. We had 5 on the Bremerton track last Friday (plus another 3 like mine that were not on the road course - my brakes are not good enough - and this wasn't even a Supra event).

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Rich64N;1694256 said:
I put the info up on celicasupra dot com. You can expect at least 15 MK IIS to show up, probably 20 weather dependent. We had 5 on the Bremerton track last Friday (plus another 3 like mine that were not on the road course - my brakes are not good enough - and this wasn't even a Supra event).

Thanks Rich - appreciate the help in spreading the word!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Agreed, thanks for the cross post. Whoever usually sets this up always posted it on all the forums, it's just not something I automatically think about.

I should probably check that the PacNW show is posted on CS.com, too.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
GrimJack;1694558 said:
Agreed, thanks for the cross post. Whoever usually sets this up always posted it on all the forums, it's just not something I automatically think about.

I should probably check that the PacNW show is posted on CS.com, too.

Yeah that would be my fault :3d_frown: The good is that I am local... the bad is that I am new to this group, so I am not aware of all of the other sites that this info should be posted on... I am ignorantly dedicated to SM :icon_bigg

Any help is appreciated or if someone has a list, I can coordinate to make it makes it onto them all...

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
I may try to come over also. Seems nobody on my side of the state meets up :(. Pretty safe bet my car is not as done up as the others that will be there. May have to crash in my car before the rive back lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^Try to hook up with the Spokane Crew. If they're coming this year... You could always meet up with us on I-90 at Vantage. We then hit Seattle and hook up with the Northern Folk. Canadians and such...

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
O.K. We would need to leave Safeway at 11AM to arrive in Chehalis around noon. Here's the Jantzen Beach Safeway address: 11919 North Jantzen Avenue, Portland, OR 97217. Van

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
I think all the Spokane Supra people DIED!! they don't reply in our section, Mike is easy but i have him on my cell. Hope my car us done in the paint shop by then, Picking a color is worse then picking a woman!!! think i am going against the popular vote an going yellow. I have the complete care redone to that plan verses blue on blue with more blue lol

iMod

Oct 9, 2007
Centralia/Chehalis
Is this strictly a Supra meet or can other cars come too? Mainly my SC400, my friends 240sx(s13) and possibly my other friends 240sx(s14). We live in Chehalis btw

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
iMod;1701680 said:
Is this strictly a Supra meet or can other cars come too? Mainly my SC400, my friends 240sx(s13) and possibly my other friends 240sx(s14). We live in Chehalis btw

Speaking for myself, as long as they are rear wheel drive, I don't have a problem. Perhapse, we Supra owners can make converts of you and your friends, to get interested in owning and building your own Supra? Van

iMod

Oct 9, 2007
Centralia/Chehalis
I've actually already owned 2 MKIII Supra's neither of them were turbo's unfortunately. I was about to buy one from Lynwood when I came across my SC400 last month. Otherwise I'd be driving a 5 speed turbo MKIII Supra right now...That's assuming I wouldn't have gotten a BHG by now lol. I definitely love Supra's and look forward to picking up another one up in the future. I've always missed out on the past meets here in Centralia/Chehalis so I'm just hoping I could maybe hang out in my SC :)

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I do not have an issue with it either, although if we get too many more cars than we expect, we may start to run out of room... Perhaps use the over-flow area for parking to begin with on the west side... One other thought, hopefully would go without mentioning, but Supra meets are known for being mature and respectful... No obnoxiously loud music, burnin up your tires etc... We want to be invited back for next year :icon_bigg

So what area do you live anyway, perhaps I have sen you around... I am out in Adna area...

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
I was informed by a Centralia local that we'll be parking in a mud puddle strewn gravel lot. I'd really like to ask why we're parking in a mud puddle instead of just moving over to the triangle portion of the lot that we always met at before Shari's closed in Centralia.

As for Portland area meet place...getting out of Jantzen Beach together in a group sucks...but I'm down for some freeway pulls to catch up to everyone else again...that was fun a few years ago. Hope the 'bird shit car wash' isn't in full effect that morning on the I-5 bridge.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Yep that was my exact plan... dump you in a shit hole... why doesn't the person giving you information talk to me about exactly where we are parking before anyone starts a bitch session, I drive by this spot everyday almost... that or come organize it yourself :icon_bigg

Did you look at the map in the OP?

If you are referring to what is now the Papa Pete's lot, I have been there on a Saturday and it is full enough that it would never fit 50 cars...

I agree that the area we are meeting is a little tight, I originally thought of using Yard Birds lot in which we could fit 200 cars... but there is nothing to eat or drink near by and that was important to most...

The little drive-in has great food and have volunteered to staff up to make sure they could serve everyone

If someone wants to organize moving... go for it... Just let me know so that I can tell the business owner to not bother bring in another person that day...

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
I've organized this event three different times...and I can appreciate your effort to get the ball rolling when it seemed no one would...but you should have remembered to post it in ALL the interested forums as well. I don't need my local connection to call you...I took the liberty of having some pics taken and emailed to me. I understand you have great intentions, but this meet has run 50+ cars deep in previous years. Call me a pessimist, but I'm sure 60% of the Supra owners that would be attending this meet don't want to park in that lot. You also need to understand that your willing eating establishment may be eager to have a lot of customers, but are they prepared to serve 50 cars worth of people in a one hour time span? Are all the members going to want a greaseball burger for lunch? At least at the other location we have multiple eating choices. At yours we have one within walking distance unless you consider the 76 station 'lunch'. I'll let the pictures do the talking and let the community decide. Maybe I'm being a prude.

p1701936_1.jpg

p1701936_2.jpg

p1701936_3.jpg

p1701936_4.jpg

p1701936_5.jpg

p1701936_6.jpg

I say we move this back to the original spot here...

p1701936_7.jpg

p1701936_8.jpg

p1701936_9.jpg

p1701936_10.jpg

p1701936_11.jpg

p1701936_12.jpg

Again...I mean no disrespect to you man...but I think your choice lacks thought when it comes to the community's opinion on this matter. They don't know that you're planning on parking us in big puddles away from all the amenities they are used to at this meet.