old supra at 10,800rpms

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
650hp on low boost....not too shabby.... suze posted a mag article on it in the other new supra at 10500 rpm thread page 2....

gorgeous engine bay...ugly wheels and paintjob IMO but clean interior.... and obviously is mean as hell.... just shows what some money into the little ol 7m can let it do.... BREATHE BABY!!!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Badass, thanks for posting those Suze. I've heard about this car before but never been able to find working links for the videos. The thing sounds amazing :bigthumb:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
"the car made it's first appearance......only to smash a diff on the Fri and and disintegrate a headgasket on the Sat"

Seems like at those power levels the 7m is on the virge of major failure every time it hits full boost, no matter how much money or time you sink into it.

I'm starting to wonder if building a "money is no object" 7m like that is just a huge waste.

Not talking crap, just an observation. It's beautiful to look at...

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
yep... interesting observation

but they don't point out why tho do they? I say... build it.. do it properly and if it blows then at least tell the world why lol

i mean.. are there many 7m's out there making really big power that were built for it? and are their hg's or other parts staying in tact? or failing due to other unforseen circumstances

i think that's the thing we really need to look at.... reasons why

but it's all good.... its a sex machine!!! haha

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
bigaaron said:
"the car made it's first appearance......only to smash a diff on the Fri and and disintegrate a headgasket on the Sat"

Seems like at those power levels the 7m is on the virge of major failure every time it hits full boost, no matter how much money or time you sink into it.

I'm starting to wonder if building a "money is no object" 7m like that is just a huge waste.

Not talking crap, just an observation. It's beautiful to look at...

*points to Ian's car* its all a case of devlopment!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The axles on our cars are similar to the MKIV and they are bullet proof unless of course you have maybe 300,000 miles on them. I have seen many MKIV's run 9's and 8's all day long and even one from boostlogic is in the 7's with OEM axles! MKIII's are pulling 1.5 60fts (mine) along with Tony's and many others I am sure and are fine. Maybe he wants the story to sound good...? I know how some mag don't always get the facts right.

Nice car other than the flames.Oh! and he is missing a hood too. :biglaugh:

Duane