Ok. Let's hear it! Your best street win and yes...your worst street loss!

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
I will post my worst loss first. Raced a modded 04 or 05 STI . I instigated the race and he pulled onto a left turning on ramp to get onto the highway. His pace around the curve was amazing. I was in hot pursuit and I started to drift in 3rd which was pretty scary. We get on to the highway and we start from a 40mph roll. By around 105-110 I lost around 3 car length. He gave me thumbs up still. At that time I had initial signs of a bhg, 60 trim CT-26 , 10 deg clip no cats, stock ecu 11 psi .

My best was also on the old setup where I walked on the top of 3rd gear on my friends 03 E46 M3. He was shocked . He got me twice before in the instatorque so was feeling pretty confident but I was hitting the fuel cut at 17 psi . I lowered the boost to 15 lb and the rest was history.

Since I have my turbo swap the SP61GT and rebuilt using forged engine internals and new head and head gasket I have not had a chance to race, anyone. Actually no one has yet had the balls to pull up to me. I try not to race on the street but I also like to take down v8's with big egos. But on the old setup here were my kills:

late 90's Firehawk
E36 M3 sedan (mine)
2004 mustang GT
LT1 camaro

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
only one win ( or race for that matter so far)

cruising the highway doing 60mph and i see lights weaving in and out of traffic behind me. One of the new gti golfs or whatever they are blows by. traffic causes him to slow and i slowly catch up not expecting anything. im in the far left and he is in the middle. i inch forward to see if he will bite and i hear him down shift and his turbo spool and he takes off. im still new to the car so i slowly downshift to 3rd and slowly get into the gas. now he is a good 3 cars a head since i have yet to even take off. i passed him in seconds like he was sitting still, the guy had no clue what the hell just happened as i blew by lol. felt good and slowed to give him a thumbs up, a-hole wouldnt even look at me.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
grimreaper;1105733 said:

cruising the highway doing 60mph and i see lights weaving in and out of traffic behind me. One of the new gti golfs or whatever they are blows by. traffic causes him to slow and i slowly catch up not expecting anything. im in the far left and he is in the middle. i inch forward to see if he will bite and i hear him down shift and his turbo spool and he takes off. im still new to the car so i slowly downshift to 3rd and slowly get into the gas. now he is a good 3 cars a head since i have yet to even take off. i passed him in seconds like he was sitting still, the guy had no clue what the hell just happened as i blew by lol. felt good and slowed to give him a thumbs up, a-hole wouldnt even look at me.

idk, it seems that golf owners are jerks. I think it was last month, I was on the highway when this turbo'd golf pulls up next to me. the guy driving isn't really doing anything but his gf in the passenger seat just stares at me like the sun's in her eyes. he pulls up next to me and we hit it from about 50ish. Me being pissed off, I instantly floor it and forget that i hit fuel cut. D'oh. So a few seconds in third and it hits and they fly by. So the gf is laughing her ass off and i signal to them that i want another go at it. we line up again and take it from about 55ish. I take the whole race @ about 3/4 throttle, just enough to keep me out of fuel cut. I instantly started pulling from 3rd gear and put some good distance on them through 4th and started cruising in 5th. I tap the hazards and slow down for them. not one look.

EDIT: I guess my worst loss happened last night. As I was leaving work, I noticed some peculiar tail lights. It's the R35 GT-R. the third I've seen. anyway, i wanna check out how bad he'll rape me so i stay with him and we hit it from about 35ish. He gives me about a second head start I'm about 5 cars away when i hear him take off and fly by me. the next light comes up, i make my left and he keeps going straight. I hate those cars but damn, they're fast.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
s0ulstar;1094416 said:
Tonight, I took out a new Tundra. It was funny actually, These 2 guys pulled up...

Passenger: hey, is that thing fast?
me: umm..some people think so.
Passenger: think it can take this thing...(driver revs)
me: idk.

so the light turns green and he stays right beside me. As soon as we get to the other side of the street, he steps on it. I was already in 2nd, so I stomped on the pedal. I pulled until I hit fuel/boost cut in 4th :(

not sure if it was the 4.7L or 5.7L...all i remember was a .7 LoL

If it was a new tundra they are fairly fast for a truck if they are 5.7. Most likely you raced a 5.7 if you saw .7 on the side. The come in V6, V8, 5.7V8 and thats how they are marked on the sides.

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
grimreaper;1105733 said:

Well done.

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
921JZ-GTE;1051025 said:
Best: Walked a mustang down the track a few weeks ago after he was giving me the redneck my-mustang-is-the-sweetest-thing-since-the-mullet look all through the staging lanes.

worst: a few years ago, on vacation, with my brand new girlfriend in the passenger seat, getting blasted by an early 90's 5.0 mustang, primer gray and beat to hell. she laughed at me....a lot. :(

Most Fun: Coming around a bend on the highway at 120mph and seeing the look on the cops face as he pops his head up from behind the radar gun! He threw his gun in the car and hopped in, I went from 5th to 3rd. This piggy was gonna earn his donut today. He flipped on the rollers and came after me, I took the next exit off the highway, he followed. I went right, he thought I went left. Last thing I saw was his lights in my rear view headed the other way. Now thats a rush.

Nice job. I had the same experience while living in Dallas. I was in the middle lane between two trucks and he heard my bov as I was accelerating. Saw him put the radar gun away turn on his lights. I took the first exit and the the rest was history:)

morpheus1

Sep 1, 2008
Sacramento, CA
HAha this is easy, i'll post up my best/ worst 3
My ride: 87 Mk3 turbo, nothing special just gutted to around 3200lbs with me in it and new injectors, wires, plugs, intercooler and ct26 (normal trim).
Bests:
1.Late 80's camaro IROC-Z (by 1 car length)
2.Late 80's corvette black and killed me in 2nd but i came wayyyy back in 3rd
3. my favorite one night i pull into a gas station and my buddie rolls up in his new wrx he thinks is the shit, the only thing hed got on it was some pirellis and a 3" all the way back, well, some of our friends watched me dust him like he was a honda i take out like every night. Satisfaction :icon_surp

Worsts:
1. 2006 some clean ass jaguar supercharged 4.4 that spanked me like a pouty boy on time- out.
2. Infinity g30 2004?? thought i had him
3. 1989 black turbo A block- coated over and had nos
(it wasnt even funny how fast his $hit was) :cry:
4. acura integra grs (i swear i heard a bov tho)

But then again, my last car was a 1990 honda civic lx (1.5l) that ushually was outran by geo metros, people on skateboards, etc.
Id say the 87 7MGTE is a step up from a 1.5 non- vtec

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
best win - I was at the coast going for a cruise with a mate. Some wog in his dads E46 M3 convertible is revving the shit out of it and it sounds like its about to blow, so me and a freind who is riding with me creep up on him and I let him know that I am there with a turbo flutter. He looks over, I say to one of his mates (his car was fully loaded 4 people) how many horsepower, he asks the driver and one of his mates in the back yells out 400, I tell him I've got 280. I didn't think new m3's had 300 let alone 400 but I still wanted to see what would happen, we come out of a two lane round about side by side, I am in second gear, boot it, the tail comes out a tiny bit, all I can hear is his car twanging to shit , I hit 3rd and sail past quite easily. He wanted to go again , but I didn't want a bar of it.

Worst loss - that race is the only one to date with my turboA.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jaychen;1135537 said:
best win - I was at the coast going for a cruise with a mate. Some wog in his dads E46 M3 convertible is revving the shit out of it and it sounds like its about to blow, so me and a freind who is riding with me creep up on him and I let him know that I am there with a turbo flutter. He looks over, I say to one of his mates (his car was fully loaded 4 people) how many horsepower, he asks the driver and one of his mates in the back yells out 400, I tell him I've got 280. I didn't think new m3's had 300 let alone 400 but I still wanted to see what would happen, we come out of a two lane round about side by side, I am in second gear, boot it, the tail comes out a tiny bit, all I can hear is his car twanging to shit , I hit 3rd and sail past quite easily. He wanted to go again , but I didn't want a bar of it.

Worst loss - that race is the only one to date with my turboA.

Nice kill man, e46's aren't exactly slouches. Sadly, the only thing that's ever outran me was a Cadilac CTS-V. Damn Corvette LS2 :nono:

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
my 89 jeep cherokee limited auto vs a 06 kia spectra auto.. put it in power mode on the trans and floored it.. pulled side by side for two gears started on a 25 roll. after that final shift I pulled away.. not bad since he got the jump by half a car as I wasn't paying attention to the honks..

BasicMinusBA

Awesome Member
Mar 30, 2006
East Lyme, Connecticut
best race, Audi a4 turbo on the highway, no competition
Worst race, lost to a 6 cyl dodge magnum cause i stalled on the light =/

In my defense my subframe was cracked and my diff was missing 2 bolts (didn't know till the day after or else I wouldnt be beating on my car) Long story short this was last summer and my car is still off the road =(

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
i have a few good ones and a funny one

about a week after i got my car back from getting the 1JZ swapped in i was in a caravan with a few supras and i didn't really know my car well so my friend and i (he's got similar mods to me but his is 7M and auto) go from a 60 roll, i put it in 4th and walk all over him

a few weeks later a guy (now my friend) with an 06 350Z was acting like his car was the fastest thing in the US so i raced him and in 3rd i pulled on him HARD but idk what happened and in fourth he walked away from me

a friend of mine's auto 300ZX TT...i talked shit because it was auto but he raped the shit out of me from a 40 roll

then i raced a stock s2000 because he was talking about how he doesn't think anybody could drive his car and i said that most of the people at the meet drove faster cars anyway so he shouldn't be worried...so we go from 40, i was in 3rd and on the 3rd honk i was GONE...looked like he was standing still. so then at a light he tells me to go from a 20...this kid was in fucking first and i was in second so he got a jump but when i hit 3rd i flew by him

last (and probably best) real race was my friend's 06 (i think) cobalt SS supercharged with an intake and exhaust...i seriously only had him by a car or so and he stuck with me...i was impressed

now for the funny ones:
on the way home from sonic with my mom riding shotgun...we were at a light and a probe pulls up next to me revving like crazy, so my mom says "show him" so i let him go a little and didn't launch but got on it in first then once i threw it into second he was way back

on the way home from cheesecake factory with my mom (she's a cool lady) i merged onto the highway and my stock BOV went off and i guess the SUV next to me heard it because all of a sudden i hear them get on it and cut into my lane (not cutting me off though) and throw the hazards on....i could not stop laughing and i flashed my high beams a few times to show that i understood

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:biglaugh:......You got own'd by an suv............:evil2:

I raced a ss cobalt also and it was one of my closest races. We raced from about 65 four or five times and I won everytime while taking off in third. I could have went to second, but didnt' feel I had to. His car was impressive to me, but he was in f%ing shock when I kept walking on him......:aigo:

His girlfriend kept laughing at him. I guess it was his first loss. My wife knew I was going to win, so she wasn't too impressed with me............:cry:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hmm... reminds me of the time I had to put an SS Cobalt in it's place. Neither one of us launched, but I could tell he wanted to go. Soon as I heard him get on it seriously, I let him have a bit of space... THEN I played catch-up :p

Might have just been a bad driver, I dunno. I figure he spent $20k on a boring car, when he could have spent half that and had something badass, must not be all there in the first place haha.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
was rolling with my crew on the long island expressway, a dude stunting in his mazda rx8 was tryna keep up with his,, im still n/a (man do i miss my boost) so i said fuck it lets see how bad the rx8 will rape me, i never ran one be4, Lined up 50mph side by side did the 3 honks, stayed even until top of 3rd, in 4th started walking away from him, im like wtf i thought they were fast? and in 5th he gave up.

I new they were slower than the last gen rx7 but i didnt think the rx8 was that slow

Summary pulled on a rx8 about 3 cars from a 50mph roll in my 5spd 87 n/a

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
it's crazy how shit works out

i saw a white suzuki swift yesterday after posting in this thread

the guy wasn't even local....had hawaii tags

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Gotta love the power (or lack thereof) of the magical spinning Dorito :D

I say Mazda should start counting backwards, and bring back the 7. I have to give credit where credit is due, Mazda makes some of the funnest cars I've ever driven, but none of them have been straight line fast...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I whooped up on a 90 AWD DSM yesterday at lunch. He started messing with me in a 35 mph zone. We took off and as I started pulling on him, I lost traction about a half a car ahead of him. I let off so I wouldn't lose it and he kept going.

Then we ended up on the highway and again he wanted to go. We hit it while at 55 and I left him almost like he was standing still. It wasn't even close! I slowed down and as he passed me, he gave me the 'Thumbs Up' solute and went his way.

Not the best kill; but, hey! He started it and the 7MGTE finished it! :D