oil squirters in an NA

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
hey guys,

yes i searched came up emty. im putting all my old turbo stuff: hks camshafts, weisco pistons, eagle rods, turbo oil pump, blah blah blah, into my old na.

basically i blew my built GTE's head and cracked the block. i am in the middle of building a 1.5 jz. but with the econmy work has slowed at the performance shop. enough babble heres the question.

has anyone successfully put the gte oil squirters in an NA block? how did you do it. simple drill and tap? thanks in advance.

josh

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
if my machine shop has one then yes. ill have to call them. is this really worth it IJ? or should i just proceed with non oil squirters? im not objected to having to do the extra work. just not 100% on wether there is a very big benefit to having the squirters.

would a skilled person (my boss) on a bridgeport be able to this cleanly.

i just took a squirter out and understand alot more of exactly what goes on in there.

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I'd say it wouldn't hurt to have some extra oil squirting, is it worth it, couldn't say. Guess if all it cost is your time it would be.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Why not just get a GTE block? As far as i have seen they are fairly easy to come by for cheap. I have purchased more than one for under $300, and that was with the crank, pistons, everything, complete shortblock. A bare block is worth hardly anything.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
None locally, I am puttin in weiscos,eagle rods, and a crank that had a lot of work done to it, all with arp fasteners.....all that's out of my gte.... I had a good ge engine laying around so while I build my 1.5jz I figured id use it.....just not sure if I'm risking anything running no squirters

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
I was aware of that. I kinda was hoping someone had done it so I could decide if I wanted tto. I think I'm going to put it on my bridgeport and do it. Then send the block to get bored 20 over for the pistons, honed, decked with a 30ra and hot tanked

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I wouldnt waste your time. If you're going to do anything, coat the pistons. Not risking anything by not using squirters IMO.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Well I'm done exploring this idea. Not at all worth it. I just got off the phone with the machine shop and yea F that. ij was right, definete pita to do it right. Bryan and ian thank you.

Ohhh yeah I also just picked up a GTE block off a friend so I'm going to use hat anyway

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
suprarx7nut;1344921 said:
Not sure why you'd bother with squirters on an N/A.

He never said anything about using squirters in an N/A, though there are tons of N/A engines out there than use squirters, many Toyotas as well. It just depends what you're setting it up to do.

Jeff