oil squirter question

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
the engine is at the machinist and i can't check, but do the piston oil squiters need to be installed before the crank/rods? i can't remember what order i disassembled it in, or if they were accesible with the crank installed.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Easier before but can be done after.

Good idea to by new valves/bolts for them at this point as the springs can sag a touch over the years and this will affect idle pressure if they have.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Some people like to have all their ducks in a row before they begin....

I'd rather people ask what seem to be stupid questions than not ask and make a mess of things. (I've read 4>5 threads today where the latter has happened)

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
jmanbball;930047 said:
Surely, you did not need to post to figure this out. And if you did, you probably, shouldn't be building the engine yourself.

thanks for your concern, but why i was asking is because the machinist has my motor apart at the moment while i wait for the bearings to get in, and i was going to order the new springs and get them installed before he assembled it IF they needed to be installed before the bottom end was assembled, or if i could just do them when i get it back at my garage and it was already assembled